• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[2009: MAY-JUN] Writing Challenge Discussion

Jordan aka FltAdmlWolf

I've been holding off posting in this thread, but it's about time I do.

From what I know (being a judge this round), is that we're still waiting for another judge. Two judges have had their results in for a long, long time, but we are still waiting for a third to judge the competition. Hopefully it'll be settled soon.

Edited by Nemitor

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been holding off posting in this thread, but it's about time I do.

From what I know (being a judge this round), is that we're still waiting for another judge. Two judges have had their results in for a long, long time, but we are still waiting for a third to judge the competition. Hopefully it'll be settled soon.

Yeah, some word is a whole lot better than no word at all. :blink1: I think.

Cheers Nem.

Can we drum up a volunteer judge from somewhere? Wasn't there a list of judges made last time the writing comp stalled to stop it happening again?

If anyone would like to judge, post here!

Hope all the entries were sufficiently entertaining for ya :P

That they were, that they were.

Waiting for a judge to appear? or Waiting for a judge to decide? or wha?

It was a complicated situation, but it's all been solved now.

Can we drum up a volunteer judge from somewhere? Wasn't there a list of judges made last time the writing comp stalled to stop it happening again?

If anyone would like to judge, post here!

Everything's been taken care of, so don't worry about it. Results will be out asap.

Good stuff!

So, who's up for an ultra-fast quickfire May-June round? 1500 words on the Star Trek topic of your choice.

Time starts.....................nowtime'sup

Given a *little* more time, I might be interested in a quick-fire one. After all, the first one I entered was... :biggrin2:

'Sides, I've got more ideas for things to do with the crew of the Ishtar... :cool4:

Congratulations to Jhen Thelev ("The Mystery of Lengdis VIII"), this round's winner! Our runner up is Della Vetri ("Memories of Fate").

--

I'd like to apologize for the delay in getting these results out, I know that all of you have been waiting for these for far too long. Things come up, and delays have to be made, but I hope the Writing Challenge will never again see one this long.

I would have posted this in the official thread, however it is locked (and I'm not a moderator). I'm sure it'll be updated, and Thelev's story moved as soon as possible.

I know you're all anxioius to begin the next challenge, but I have absolutely no idea when it's going to start. I'm just the guest judge. :)

Edited by Nemitor

Wow! Thanks!

As always it there was stiff competition, so congratulations to everyone who took part. It was a small but perfectly formed bunch :)

Wow! Thanks!

As always it there was stiff competition, so congratulations to everyone who took part. It was a small but perfectly formed bunch :)

Congrats Thelev, and thanks for the kind words. I just wish that we were able to get feedback from the judges, but given how long it took to get a decision I won't be holding my breath. I'm just hoping that Admiral Wolf won't cancel future competitions as next to simming, the writing competitions are my favorite activity in the UFOP and I promote them as a way of enticing other trek writers to consider checking us out. If we do get to continue having the competition I'm sure you will make a great judge...

Thanks, Toni :happy4: Now I just need to wait for the next topic, and I can get started all over again :P

Dang and I just got all the cobwebs cleaned off of my computer, :blink1: and hadn't planned for them to accumulate again.