• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[2009: MAY-JUN] Writing Challenge Discussion

Jordan aka FltAdmlWolf

What's this here? Don'tcha know? Filibuster, is it? No, it is Filibuster, isn't it? And it seems to me we do not wish to deliberately obstruct judging by delaying it. I think the desired effect would be to prevent procrastination or dilly-dallying. So is it to our advantage to filibuster? Whatcha say?

:blink1: Nay.

Wow, I have no IDEA what any of that means, which means I should steal it and incorporate it into Llewelyns sims, isn't it?

My sources tell me that one or more of the judges are not available right now. We need someone to step up, but of course those of us who might be so inclined are all entered...

Oh and nice banner, where can I get one of those?????????? :blink1:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's this here? Don'tcha know? Filibuster, is it? No, it is Filibuster, isn't it? And it seems to me we do not wish to deliberately obstruct judging by delaying it. I think the desired effect would be to prevent procrastination or dilly-dallying. So is it to our advantage to filibuster? Whatcha say?

Wow, I have no IDEA what any of that means, which means I should steal it and incorporate it into Llewelyns sims, isn't it?

My sources tell me that one or more of the judges are not available right now. We need someone to step up, but of course those of us who might be so inclined are all entered...

It means that filibuster was spelled wrong, and to filibuster means to delay, not speed up the process. :blink1:

It means that filibuster was spelled wrong, and to filibuster means to delay, not speed up the process. :blink1:

And once again the inadequacies of the English language to make any sense whatsoever are illustrated. If I followed the same spelling exception with the world Illustrated as you did with Filibuster it would be spelled Ilustrated... Stupid Sais language! There is difficult it is to know which one of the convoluted rules and exceptions one is supposed to adhere to, is it.

Cymru am byth!

*lol* Llewelyn, twas not me, but the learned programers of WordPerfect spell check. One and the same that calls foul on Ilustrated, preferring Illustrated as correct. So, if you wish to argue with them... Έτσι είτε!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to disagree with you buddy, but I'm an English man through and through. Part of the British Empire, but I only class myself as British on special occasions. Who would want to be part of a conglomerate society that's ruled by a man who clearly throws his own faeces at his children?

Besides, with Irish roots, Scottish heritage and a bringing up in jolly old England, I'd like to think I'm English. It's not like saying "I'm an American!" Well, it is nowadays but back in the day it was something to be gosh darn well proud of and that should come back.

Plus, no one can say they're a true Celt until their hairs stuck up, face painted in wode and screaming obscenities at sheep.

Plus, no one can say they're a true Celt until their hairs stuck up, face painted in wode and screaming obscenities at sheep.

That might explain the odd noises in the night whilst I was at Uni... :biggrin2: (Pontypridd, if that means anything to anyone)

Sorry to disagree with you buddy, but I'm an English man through and through. Part of the British Empire, but I only class myself as British on special occasions. Who would want to be part of a conglomerate society that's ruled by a man who clearly throws his own faeces at his children?

Besides, with Irish roots, Scottish heritage and a bringing up in jolly old England, I'd like to think I'm English. It's not like saying "I'm an American!" Well, it is nowadays but back in the day it was something to be gosh darn well proud of and that should come back.

You just described my perfect Saturday night... minus the sheep. We prefer to scream obscenities at the English... :devil:

Who is "we"?

:blink1:

We Celts... The Scots and Irish and Welsh and Cornish... and primarilly "We" do it while watching any national match in Footy or Rugby against the English National team... Certainly not in ordinary social settings, unless we are in a Pub, and no self respecting Irish. Scot, Welshman would be caught dead in an English pub, though the poor Cornish, by virtue of the fact that Cornwall is considered part of England might be forced to... ;)

::gets back to topic::

Why do I keep thinking "cattle prog"? :blink1:

Edited by Toni

::sighs:: oO I musta missed the memo saying the Challenges had been discountinued. Oo

That would be information far beyond your pay-grade, Kali. Or at least that's the excuse I'm using for not knowing what is going on... :dry3: