• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FltAdml. Wolf

Training Questions from Cadets

Yes thank you very much, well written with great examples to help clear up things I was unsure of .

When playing a doctor in a training sim, I'm not sure how much I can use my imagination about what happened to the others in a crash. If I have them all fine, there isn't much dramatic tension and not much for a doctor to do. If I beat them up too much, they are not able to function and I am controlling the other cadets by limiting them. So far, I've given minor injuries and one potentially problematic injury to the training officer. My thinking was that he didn't have to prove himself as the cadets sid, and it might force the cadets to rely less on him although he is not out of commission, just likely to get worse. Have I pushed the envelop too far?

Have you tried engaging the cadets?  Instead of creating their injuries, perhaps you can have your character ask them standard medical questions...

Any burred vision?  Does anything hurt?  

If the writer wishes the character to be injured...they will most likely come up with something.  That will leave you, as the medical officer, to handle it. wink.png

Hope this helps!

When playing a doctor in a training sim, I'm not sure how much I can use my imagination about what happened to the others in a crash. If I have them all fine, there isn't much dramatic tension and not much for a doctor to do. If I beat them up too much, they are not able to function and I am controlling the other cadets by limiting them. So far, I've given minor injuries and one potentially problematic injury to the training officer. My thinking was that he didn't have to prove himself as the cadets sid, and it might force the cadets to rely less on him although he is not out of commission, just likely to get worse. Have I pushed the envelop too far?

You can also talk with folks in our Medical Duty Post forum to learn more about how to play the role! :)

Is there a way to change my forum username?

Is there a way to change my forum username?

Click here and enter your new name.

When does the training start?

Every Monday afternoon.

Does training start every monday? I've been so ready to start since the moment I submitted my application. Reading up on the components of warp cores and other useful things for my engineer to know. I want to start already, lol.

Yes, every Monday. You will be contacted by the Academy as soon as the class is ready to start. :)

I worry that during the training sessions that I'm taking up to much attention from the Captain. I know that being the Tactical Officer requires you to be part of the bridge and provide input, but I don't remember LT Reed talking so much in "Enterprise". Commander Vess hasn't said anything but I don't want to be a nuisance.

If you're unsure of conduct e-mail your captain personally ans ask. The senior staff and your mentor are there to answer questions like these.

I worry that during the training sessions that I'm taking up to much attention from the Captain. I know that being the Tactical Officer requires you to be part of the bridge and provide input, but I don't remember LT Reed talking so much in "Enterprise". Commander Vess hasn't said anything but I don't want to be a nuisance.

I'm sure you're doing fine. Training is all about learning, so don't worry too much -- just do what feels natural and have a good time. Your training CO will guide you along the way if you're straying from what will be expected on your ship.

I'm sure you're doing fine. Training is all about learning, so don't worry too much -- just do what feels natural and have a good time. Your training CO will guide you along the way if you're straying from what will be expected on your ship.

This is where you learn and develop your basic skills. Your training CO and FO will give you feedback. Listen to them and use the skills you are learning. You will be fine.

Hi, I tried to post my characters intro yesterday and it said it needed approval, but it still hasn't posted? Should I repost it? My post for introducing my real self posted right away. Also, what time should I expect the training to begin on Monday? I'll be at work so I usually don't check my email (although I am allowed) because I'm busy. I'm excited to start and get back into simming :)

Hi, I tried to post my characters intro yesterday and it said it needed approval, but it still hasn't posted? Should I repost it? My post for introducing my real self posted right away. Also, what time should I expect the training to begin on Monday? I'll be at work so I usually don't check my email (although I am allowed) because I'm busy. I'm excited to start and get back into simming smile.png

Welcome. I've approved your post!

Hi

I've just joined this group how do I create a bio is there a template or anything?

That's actually the subject of one of the tutorials that will be covered in your training.

I've just joined this group how do I create a bio is there a template or anything?

I recommend you take a look at the cadets area of our website: http://www.starbase118.net/cadets/ -- you can also find the link in your welcome email!

I got my accepting email but haven't received any other email. my class is supposed to start tomorrow November 12 2012 and I was just wondering about what's goin on

I got my accepting email but haven't received any other email. my class is supposed to start tomorrow November 12 2012 and I was just wondering about what's goin on

Check out your welcome email again, it points you to our Cadets Area, where there's a bunch of stuff you can do until training starts. innocent.gif

My training officer said I'm marine tactical...so am I both or am I only one? <-----confused.

My training officer said I'm marine tactical...so am I both or am I only one? <-----confused.

Did you select Marine as your first choice of duty post? Sometimes a training officer will assign a marine as tactical or security if there isn't already someone filling that role.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.