• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FltAdml. Wolf

Training Questions from Cadets

Hi, I was wondering, when can I start training?

Thank you from niekjepiek

That depends.

Have you signed up already? If you have, you will get an e-mail about the training procedure and when the simming starts. That sometimes takes a few days since it can take time to round up enough qualifying cadets.

No worries though, if you signed up all will be taken care of. :)

A class is being put together as we speak and should start by the weekend. Have fun. B)

That depends.

Have you signed up already? If you have, you will get an e-mail about the training procedure and when the simming starts. That sometimes takes a few days since it can take time to round up enough qualifying cadets.

No worries though, if you signed up all will be taken care of.  :)

OK, but where do I sign up?

Niek, your application was accepted already. We're just waiting for the training class to begin. Please sit tight ;)

Niek,

Your roll call has been received. Please be patient. Training will start within the next 48 - 72 hours.

Cmdr Greene

So, Cmdr Greene, is the pic by your name what you look like in real life, or what your character looks like, or nothing whatsoever to do with you?

Hi.. I've created a thread on the Character Creation and Development section of the Forums that might be helpful for writers needing new character names, words, objects and locations.

Check it out!

http://www.starbase118.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2691

Happy SIMming!!!

Mmmm... I'm wondering if this should be renamed Questions for Cadets and Instructors...

Maybe "Questions from cadets and Instructors" ;-)

-Dickens-

-Dickens-

Maybe "Questions from cadets and Instructors" ;-)

Not a bad idea, Marcus. :)

incidentally, what just happened to our training session?!

did you just hijack it, Dr Turner?

*lol* No, the Big Bad Wolf did it.

As for me, well, a doctor sees someone hurt, and by nature, must jump in to help.

BRRR... how come you put us in such a cold place. *lol* No wonder Andorians are blue... ::shivers::

;)

Cold? you call this cold?! you should try out some of the Andorian glaciers - now they really are cold.

the program i've, er, included in the Mardi Gras is merely a bit nippy.

i like the idea of a whole New Orleans carnival suddenly finding itself at 5 below zero.

anyway, Little Red, watch out for grandma - she bites!

*lol* Well, I've been known to bite back. *lol*

I have a Question

What year is the DD/MM/YYYY the RPG is set in please?

Reason for Question: -

I converted the Stardate for a graduating class and this prompted me to ask this question, plus it would help me to know if the RPG is taking place in the 24th 25th or 26th Century as this stardate 238405.15 which is in the Sub-Space link area and is 2561 meaning the 26th Century. I like to have a basic reference for the date when taking part in RPGs as I try to keep my reply posts within the laid down rules and I can manage to keep my Equilibrium.

If you're ever in doubt, our webmaster here runs the stardate on the members main page of the SB118 Group

www.starbase118.net/members/

But to answer your question, you've already listed the year our sim is currently in, which is 2384, which by our current date standards, is the 24th Century.

Wheeras: 2384 (today's month) 06. (today's date) 07 indicates the day and month:

238406.07 in the 24th Century is today's stardate, as tomorrow's would be 238406.08

Make sense? ;)

The topic in the Sub-space link forum which shows a Stardate, I used http://steve.pugh.net/fleet/stardate.html to translate it and it came out as 2561. Now if this environment is set in 2384, why in blazes is there a a post that has the incorrect Stardate which when converted back to a normal fashion it shows

Thu, 28 May 2561 21:06:50 UTC

This is why I asked the question, while I appriciate the reply, I was hoping for one of the Command Staff to answer, nothing against you, but if thisPBeM environment is set in as you said 2384, then why was the incorrect stardate put up?

Tthe link I supplied is the converter I use :)

Because the calculator you're using has absolutely nothing to do with our group :) I have no idea what they use to reach their numbers. Our stardate system is not connected in any way to the stardate system you see on the shows -- mainly because those stardates were untrackable. Generally, the writers just created a number that was after the last stardate they had used, as opposed to creating a system of logical timekeeping.

We use our own stardate system, which is detailed on our wiki.

Our game is set 377 years in the future. It's currently 2007. So, 2007 + 377 = 2384. Stardate 238406.07 is June 7th, 2384.

If you trust the DITL.org timeline (http://www.ditl.org/), then that puts us five years after the Nemesis incident.

Thank you Admiral, much appriciated for the explination :)

Generally how long does a training cruise run?

About 6-7 days.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.