• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FltAdml. Wolf

Training Questions from Cadets

Have questions about training, or something else having to do with UFOP: StarBase 118 RPG? Post it here!

My training was scheduled for today, December 21st, but I have no idea what to do? I haven't received any e-mails informing me of how to go about it and when it is (except for the one saying my admission was reviewed and accepted). What do I do?

Sit tight ;)

I believe I saw an e-mail from your training CO just a few minutes ago. You should receive something by today (Monday) at the latest.

Thanks. I received it this morning.

i got two e-mails. one saying acadamy moderater and the otheer one named re: roll call

So far the only things to go out have been Lieutenant Commander Story's Welcome aboard and Roll Call and two Cadets responding to that roll call.

Sometimes yahoo runs a little slow on delivering the mail, I suggest you check the site to make sure you've not missed anything. Academy Webpage

the acadamy thingy is giving real bad problems

the acadamy thingy is giving real bad problems

What is it giving you. I've tried the link and it's working fine for me. Let me know what it's doing and we'll see if we can get you through it.

Have you posted a reply to the roll call yet?

I believe he tried, but Yahoo hasn't posted it. BTW - Lieutenant Sroug has also sent out his introductory email.

If you guys are having trouble posting, just let me know and I'll check your addresses on the site to see if there's a problem on this end. :)

I'm not having any problems. My Hotmail account did, but I'm using Yahoo. Both mine have posted (reply to Roll Call & SIM)

I have recived all of the emails that got sent out and after reading the problems the other cadet was having I double checked to make sure by going to the groups site. I know the last time I was a simmer yahoo! groups messed up a lot.

I'm available online to chat if any of the cadets need help. MSN Messenger etherealcritter@hotmail.com or Yahoo Instant Messenger m_e_parker , just give me a yell.

I'm looking at the avatars. Most are cartoons. Is an actual picture okay? In uniform, of course. I haven't started my academy2 course yet. Should be tomorrow. But I want to get ready with my bio and avatar. Thanks.

OH! Looky there! My picture is up. oOGotta fix that uniformOo

Regular pics are fine. Some people just can't find pics for their mental image of their character :)

I got mine from www.wigs.com. Then I put the uniform on it. Still gotta fix that. There are men's pics there, too, but....

lol good picture if you need help with picture's that's my specialty B)

simon_dokman@hotmail.com

rocketvforce@yahoo.com

On the age issue, it will be up to the Fleet Placement Officer. However, we have a policy that new ensigns be of a logical age ... so I'd have to say that he will have to be at least 18 when training is over.

like Rocket only he was 17 and a few weaks onboard the vic he was 18.

ooc: I would love to help with your picture only my ps is ofline for now but will be running again as soon as possible

when a sim gets too long, and you have responses you need to fill spread all over the sim, what can I do to TRY to make it shorter and easier? Any recommendations?

Depends what you mean by too long. I have seen plenty 7 page sims in size 12 font. Takes a while to read but they aren't a problem.

If a sim does look too long you can summarise any descriptions that occur within the post and remove any that does not relate to your character.

It means you are simming something that is in the past. For example:

You could have just simmed your character heading up to the Bridge from main engineering. Yet the CEO sent in a sim including your character in more dialogue to main engineering. You would reply to that CEO's sim in a "backsim" while continuing with whatever your character is doing on the Bridge in a separate post.

when a sim gets too long, and you have responses you need to fill spread all over the sim, what can I do to TRY to make it shorter and easier?  Any recommendations?

If the conversation doesn't involve your character, I usually summarize it so that people don't have to read the same thing repeatedly. Something along the lines of..

::Tyr listened to the Captain and XO discuss the situation.::

Then, when the conversation includes you again, something like..

::They both turned to Tyr and asked his opinion.::

WALTAS: I think we should attack, sir.

Etc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.