• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[2008: SEP-OCT] Writing Challenge Discussion

Jordan aka FltAdmlWolf

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh*

Entry from a triple winner... I won't stand a chance.

Awfully defeatist, eh, Salak?

Not exactly filled with optimism in recent times... Long story. Needless to say, even if I can motivate myself to get an entry in, I personally would have very little if any confidence in its ability to stand up to scrutiny...

...it's this lack of selfmotivation that's meant my last... must be at least 5 entries by now, have gone unfinished.

Edited by Salak

This one is a big challenge for the judges, since there's no formal topic per say,except 'short'. I tried to incorporate that feeling of time into mine, but we'll see what happens. :)

Thought we did have one... ::winks::

Glad to see such a great turn out for this quicky. :)

Edited by Toni

Whoa, so many entries already. Questioning myself should I fiddle with that idea in my head. This time it's "really a story" ;)

Oh, your commercial story would be perfect, Jophry. ::gives a tongue-in-cheek wink:: It would be "Peachy." ::grins::

It certainly is great to see some new and returning faces back in Challenge.:)

Edited by Toni

*sigh*

Entry from a triple winner... I won't stand a chance.

Awfully defeatist, eh, Salak?

Not exactly filled with optimism in recent times... Long story. Needless to say, even if I can motivate myself to get an entry in, I personally would have very little if any confidence in its ability to stand up to scrutiny...

...it's this lack of selfmotivation that's meant my last... must be at least 5 entries by now, have gone unfinished.

Let me try to motivate you!

If you ad yours I'll ad mine! :wink3:

Depends what sort of references... If it's saying that "this happened on Romulus a few years ago" then I'd have thought it should be fine. If it's "I was on Cpt Rikers security detail that fought Remans on the Enterprise"... then it's questionable.

but I was there and we won too.,,(well sorta) and Captain Riker said I did good. on the other side.., I am thinking that saying that something like Salak was seeking infiniti would be a little bit of power simming right. but then the more inventive the better just leave the uninvented uninvented if that makes sense?

I could write this Challenge tonight and just might.

was I on the wrong page again damit jim try to keep up.,,

on second thought at this rate I best not enter anything till I sleep again.,, so I might make it before the dead line., but it will be close.,

Edited by h92o

Deadline's Sunday, right?

Not tonight, but if anyone sees me online from tomorrow afternoon (UK time), do feel free to prod me to make sure I'm at least thinking about it. I've got a seminar tomorrow lunchtime so some time after that. Today's just hectic.

Edited by Salak

closer to =>> back on track today // yesterday was like lots of pain., really, they took my tooth ouch., and then just gave me advil for the take home pain killer but its ok because I feel good now the constant tooth ache is gone.

Back to topic I think it is the end of oct. for the dead line.,

btw Off topic there is the .,

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

The national novel writing month next month link and the goal is 50,000 words in 30 days now that is a speed writing show there.,, ;)

Wow! Nine entries for this lightening round. Way to go, everyone. Great to see so many taking an interest in the challenges.

Edited by Toni

Wow! Nine entries for this lightening round. Way to go, everyone. Great to see so many taking an interest in the challenges.

I guess you don't know what you have until it's gone, eh? :)

I'd rather not need to pay a dollar to see all the trees in a tree museum...

Hey, I've not heard the song in a while, not owning a copy of it :(

I guess you don't know what you have until it's gone, eh? :)

:) Ah Admiral. I never give up on anything on SB118... well, most anything.

The clocks on this side of the pond went back last night; does that mean we get an extra hour before the deadline? :)

Edited by Salak

Ahem... GMT-7 cos you're still observing Daylight Savings, surely?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.