• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[2008: SEP-OCT] Writing Challenge Discussion

Jordan aka FltAdmlWolf

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you!!!

Minor quibble, but... in the IP.Board Pro skin at least, the yellow text is tricky to even see, nevermind read.

Minor quibble, but... in the IP.Board Pro skin at least, the yellow text is tricky to even see, nevermind read.

Then change your skin :)

BTW: I forgot to mention I'll be the facilitator of the challenges again from here-on-out.

Aqua112 is a really excellent skin that shows the yellows quite well.,

*puts the "Wink of an Eye" chemical mixture into a replicators gel pack for safe keeping*

I have like three paragraphs done at this point but I bet I am jumping the gun somehow.,

Aqua112 is a really excellent skin that shows the yellows quite well.,

...except I don't like it. I use this skin cos I see it as the best of a bad bunch. (I've always been an awkward one; I didn't like the old space one either)

Trying to think of something to write about, but can't get the Doctor who episode "Blink" out of my head...

Edited by Salak

I can think of worse ones to be stuck with, Salak.

I've got a few ideas for this challenge, I just need to narrow it down to one and actually start writing :)

True, but that's the one episode that actually has had me behind the couch, lol

Dare I say it?

..."small pieces of dust scattered through the dark enveloping realm"...

Yup, I've begun an effort. Again.

Yes, you do have permission to faint in shock if it actually gets submitted on time.

I've have covered the floor in cushions, ready to faint if need be...

And congratulations to Jack Kolk for winning the last round. Even if he did have to wait some time to find out :)

Edited by Jhen Thelev

:whistling: I hope this doesn't alarm any of you, but I finished mine tonight, total typing about an hour and a half, but the story has been brewing in my head for about a day. Thank God for MS Word's Word counter. (NAILED IT AT 1000! :sweating: ) Of course I'm gonna need someone to help me post it and I was wondering if my Cymbrogi Salak would guide me through the official process, (I'd hate to lose on a technicality). Also a question to the moderator. This story is clean, but I was wondering about alluding to Canon characters in a historical basis, as in "Ambassador Spock was instrumental in reaching out to the Romulan people during his unification and reconciliation efforts..." Is that okay? As I understand the word "character", we are precluded from interacting with or featuring actual persons as being part of the "cast" both main and supporting in the story. I should think that alluding to past accomplishments on their behalf, or citing missions that might have applicable relevence to an original story would be allowable, but I want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly...

Looking forward to reading the other entries,

Ensign Iolo Madoc Llewelyn

Ship's Counselor

USS INDEPENDENCE A

Edited by Iolo Madoc Llewelyn

I'll happily set the thread up for you, just give me a title to give it :)

I'll happily set the thread up for you, just give me a title to give it :)

S'mae, Salak...

Diolch yn fawr am amser. The title is "Stimulus and Response". Do I upload it as a reply after you start the thread?

Hwyll,

Iolo Madoc Llewelyn

PS

This story is inspired by an ongoing conversation between myself and the Vulcan/human Commander Moranta re: the vulcan mindset versus the human mindset. Although the story is not directly related to the subject discussed, it did cause me to think alot about Vulcans again, which led me to think about T'Pol and Trip on Enterprise, which led me to re-examine the dynamics of Vulcan Human interactions (along with a healthy appreciation of all of the "biological" wiki entries about Vulcans that included the now famous "relaxation" session photo of T'Pol :sweating: )

Just a quick follow-up to Iolo's question about mentioning canon characters... I've got something done, but on re-reading it realised that there are a number of references to stuff from the series (Nemesis, actually). If someone could tell me if this is acceptable or not, I'll know if I have to re-write the whole darn thing :)

Depends what sort of references... If it's saying that "this happened on Romulus a few years ago" then I'd have thought it should be fine. If it's "I was on Cpt Rikers security detail that fought Remans on the Enterprise"... then it's questionable.

If we couldn't refer to the canon characters at all, there wouldn't be much we could do, would there?

"Ooops, we can't visit DS9, because that's in the canon. Sorry!"

:P

Its just writing yourself into the canon, like being on Riker's team, that is an issue.

*sigh*

Entry from a triple winner... I won't stand a chance.

Tal Tel-ar,

Did you mean your Klingon story to be marked as completed? or in-progress? Right now it's marked as neither and thus is not technically competing.

It is complete... sorry... still learning how to do things here in the forum area...

Me too, according to MS Word, anyway... :)

If I could ask a favor... Could someone open up a thread for me to post my entry? Title is Final Flight, and it's all done - just needs posting.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.