• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[2008: JUL-AUG] Writing Challenge Discussion

Jordan aka FltAdmlWolf

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Jophry Posted Today, 11:53 AM

They're ashamed to say I won ROTFL

*lol* I thought your commercial was great, Jophry. No shame in that. :)

Commercials usually tell a story, and yours sure did. *lol*

::bowing back:: Thank you, thank you. Next time I'll give you such a laugh you'll all get a hernia, thus I'll be ensuring my employment.

Seriously though as entertaining as my "not really a story" may be it isn't up to par with what others cooked up this round. Only shame is we still don't know who's the boss.

Nowt to do with me, I only judged.

But I am eager to find out, too - I couldn't get an entry together for the last competition so I've got some lst ground to make up.

• 2 weeks later...

Just figured I'd raise the flag again on this...

Alternately...if we don't have the winner...perhaps we should just start the next contest while this one finishes?

Don't want to lose too much momentum...

It is kinda rocking into the end of the usual time limit. Maybe the Judges who are finished could pick a title?

Jhen, I could make you a banner, if it is allowed. I only need the date of your last win.

Edited by Toni

Cheers Toni. It was the March-April comp this year. I'm sure it's permitted, I just lack the technical know-how to do it myself.

Random thought - has anyone considered the possibility of publishing the winning stories? I'm not sure what the market's like for an anthology of Star Trek short stories.

Edited by Jhen Thelev

I think they are compiled, Jhen. Seems like we have to file an agreement each year to allow it SB118 permission for printing.

The Banner is on the way, Jhen. I didn't have the exact fonts but maybe the ones I used will do until they can make you a correct one or let me know what fonts are used. :)

Edited by Toni

You are welcome, Jhen.

Any word on the judging yet?

Edited by Toni

Please tell me the Writing Challenge isn't going to die. It's part of the heart and soul of this organization. So many of us love this group because it gives us a place to practice and improve our writing skills. This Competition has always been one of the best places to do that since it gives us both more freedom of context to write from and more direct feedback on what we've written. I think I speak for everyone who's been talking on this forum when I say that we all want this competition to continue as it has for so many years rather than die a slow, languishing death. If there's anything any of us can do to help it do so, please let us know.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.