• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[2008: MAY-JUN] Writing Challenge Discussion

Jordan aka FltAdmlWolf

I read the about the topic last night, and wow, did it ever open up a world of possiblities. This should prove to be a really good challenger for all our writers. :smilie2:

I got an idea or two, but they may have been influenced more than a little bit by the amounts of Jonathan Creek and DS9 I've watched lately...

I'm not committing to posting an entry as I don't want everyone to get hopes up (self included) then dashed again as RL steals me away before the deadline.

mmm Hospitality.,;- A hospitable planets - "Hospitality" ok I really don't want to say this, but when you had the archetypal topic I was all over that and the path thing last time was great as well but maybe I just live on such a inhospitable planet that .,; well there is nothing hospitable here, with the exception of the hospitality that I feel here...at sb118... but this seems so "alien" a topic to me I will have to wait to see what gets posted first and then do a possible writing challenge reply like story to them, in a way...but I need some kind of comment following this that somehow lets me know if this is alright or not???

Very broad topic. I think I'll finally debut, seeing how I wrote two pages from scratch yesterday.

I've finished mine. Now just a few rereads and spellchecks. I think it's a strange piece. The hospitality thing lies on the backburner. Deals more with dissimilarities, anger, rejection, madness and fear.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a piece of my own I've finished, I will be re-reading and checking to send in before going back to revision though

Well, it's still far from my best bit of writing, but it's done. Not sure it's really worthy of the competition, but maybe it'll give you all a moment's enjoyment...

Edited by Lt. Jack Kolk

I wrote this neat beginning of a story (in my handwritten journal) about the hospitalities found in an endless space/time scenarios of just like floating in outer space and living inside a spacesuit ... this led to the name creation of the character then family then a whole new scenario evolved before my eyes as I typed what I had not just written in the journal ... happy happy - joy joy. I was having a real block with the subject but everything seems to of fallen into place... I think I worry too much about content...

Like I said; "I'm not committing to posting an entry". My focus at the moment with regards to the group is probably my sim rate.

Besides, all I've got for this subject are a couple of vague bullet points and I'm not sure it would make a good story. Not this time.

I'll surprise you some day though :P

Idril Mar Posted Today, 03:38 PM

Ok, is anyone else antsy to hear how they did?

Naw, it's too early to get antsy. I usually don't get antsy until mid month if they haven't come to a decision and then it's because I am anxious to start on the next challenge. Besides, it's not so much a win I seek, more I enter as a show of support for the Bi-Monthly Challenges and for the sheer joy of writing and the pleasure it gives me. It's the same way with the other writing opportunities that are given us here on SB118. Entries spawn more entries, and the more we have the better the competition.

Way to go, both of you. Excellent stories and well done! :smilie2:

Oh and I enjoy the feedback too. Helps to know what you did right as well as where you missed the boat. *lol*

Edited by Toni Turner-West

Aye, congratulations again to all who entered. I know the judges always say it was a really hard round to judge, but this one really was! all the stories were top-notch and it was very hard to seperate them.

that adds another banner to Admiral Wolf's backlog :biggrin2:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.