• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[Round 5] What a Mess...

Maz Rodan

((Main Camp - Planet side))

:: After the incident with the crewman who had lost a leg, Nek had seperated from the others and started looking for a superior Security officer to report to. Much to his dismay, he discovered that Lieutenant Rogers was completely unaccounted for and out of range for his comm badge. He hoped that the officer was alright but... oO D$&^! him, tell me that I am not in charge of security on this forsaken waste land.Oo It seemd that he was however, and he quickly went in search of his security teams.::

Illium: =/\= Illium to all security personnel, report to the temporary armoury by the engineer dump.

Anyone: Response

::He met them there shortly, and began assigning shift rotations, methods of contact in case of an emergency and other any other details he could think of, certain that he was missing something.::

The sand shark attack came just as he finished setting up the initial outer perimeter and getting the heavier weapons in place. Nek had been walking back to the shelter, trying to think of the dozens of details that he was certain he hadn't addressed when the call to arms came in. Afterward, he sat by the side of a security officer who was torn in half but not yet dead, trying to comfort him as the last of the precious fluid that sustained the man poured out in blue streams of ichor onto the sand.

Illium: It's over. You did good.. You did really good.

Enlisted: It didn't eat me did it? I thought it ate me.

<<Memory Flash>>

::They came out of nowhere, emerging from the sand almost at random. The tremors didn't alert the tricorders until it was almost to late. The seismic activity of the world concealed their approach. He saw one of the beasts rise up out of the ground and latch onto someone, he didn't know who. He lifted the disintigrator to his shoulder and fired.::

<<Current:>>

Illium: No, we got you out. Just hold on, the medics will be here soon.

Enlisted: Good, I thought it might have eaten you too, and that's why you were here. ::The man shivers as his eyes dull:: It's cold. I thought we landed on a desert. Why is it cold?

<<Memory Flash>>

::The weapon had blasted a chunk from the creatures side but hadn't slowed it down much. With a terrible crunch and a scream, the crewman went down... Down into the earth itself. Nek staggered and dropped to his knees as the pain of the mans sudden death washed over him like one of his own memories.::

<<Current>>

Illium: The sun has gone down, that's why it's cold. Just hold on.. What's your name?

Enlisted: Thomas sir, Thomas Reed. Thanks for staying with me, I'm not sure why I can't walk, I can't remember..

<<Memory Flash>>

::It was chaos, filled only with tiny moments of clarity. The screech of alarms that gave them vital seconds before the beasts rose. The hiss of phaser fire. The photon grenades were worse than useless unless you managed to get one set at maximum right down the creatures throat. That worked.. Only the once though. ::

<<Current>>

Illium: Probably not permanent Thomas.. You got thrown around a bit, it's just shock. I can stay as long as you need.

Thomas: I'm so tired, I think I'll just take a quick nap.. Wake me when the medics get here.

Illium: NO! Don't go to sleep Thomas.. Just hold on..

::He picks Thomas up. It's not hard. Even whole, the man was only a fraction of the weight he could lift, but without his legs, he weighed a lot less. Logic told him that there was nothing he could do, but the fire in the back of his brain screamed that he had to try. He starts walking toward the makeshift sickbay, remembering...::

<<Memory Flash>>

::The things could be driven back. They were proving it. Massed fire. It was the only thing that did anything. He shouted the orders to fall into triangle formations, concentrate fire. Then the big one came for them, targeting them specifically. Thomas, he hadn't known the man's name then, had shouted the warning and pushed him out of the way just in time. The sandshark had emerged right where Nek had been standing a second before, and its jaws clamped down hard on Thomas's waist. Rage, raw and brutal had overwhelmed him, dropping the Isomagnetic disintegrator, he had pried the jaws open with sheer brute strength. He armed and dropped in the photon grenade, set to maximum power. Then he fell back as the creature started to dive underground, the sand fluxing, turning liquid around it. *BOOM* the sound was muted, but the effect was not. The creature froze, half in the sand, half out, unmoving. That signaled the end of the first attack. He had gone over to the man who had saved his life. ::

<<Current- Planet side Sickbay>>

Illium: Hold on Thomas.. We are almost there.

Thomas: Just can't keep my eyes....

::The voice faded and Nek started to run. oO There will be vengence for you Thomas. I promise. Oo He made it to the makeshift sickbay with the bloody torso of the man who used to be Thomas in his arms, screaming for a medic.::

Illium: Medic!! I have a man down, he is going into shock. Some one

help him!!

Anyone: Response

Tag

Ltjg Nek Illium

Security

USS Ronin

In my Tops Sims Contest debut, I'm submitting this recent Sim by Nek Illium. I think it's wonderfully written which expands on a brief summary of what happened in another sim, without a simple "this happened, then this happened" style. I particularly like the flashbacks, but in the style of a telepathic memory share - a trait seen by the Ullians, the alien speicies Nek sims for. The story is gripping and as I said it greatly expands on one paragraph from another persons sim. A very good sim - I enjoyed reading it and I'm pleased to submit it here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.