• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[2007: MAR-APR] A lesson

Minxing Shimisi

:: It was a dark morning, like the others despite the nearby star. Gamma shift was about to start and Kobin, the young Ferengi ensign was about to be late because the beautiful Orion woman that has kept him awake all the evening and her hands rubbing his tender ears. Everyone was in the room when the Chief Engineer received him ::

Telson: Ok, now that everyone's here, that's what's needed to be done.

:: Telson was a Human in his thirties that gave him a maintenance task in lower decks of the station::

Robin: oO Great Oo :: He thought in despair :: oO Again checking suport systems and all the fun for the others Oo

:: Regretting his fate, he took his tools and headed for the Jefferies tubes and arrived to the lower sections were he started the work, but soon felt so tired and leaning on the floor, fell asleep. He awake surprised and looked at the time. It's 05:00 so he realized he hadn't time to finish the job and thought that he could finish it the next day and didn't want Telson scolding him. In the meeting, he told that the job was done as he by-passed the diagnostics systems. only a Level II diagnosis will reveal the problem ::

( Next evening )

:: The thay has been moved and the base has used most of It's personnel repairing three ships that had arrived with damages after a Jem Haddar attack on a nearby system. In the meeting, Telson assigned him and Baruki, a Bolian woman, to repair the lower support energy systems. He didn't like it as he won't be free to do the other repair. They divided the sections were they'll work to finish everything within the shift ::

Robin: oO Great. If we finish this quick I can do the other Oo Ok, you take this half and I'll look the other. We'll meet in the other side. If not, continue until finding the other.

Baruki: Ok, It'll be great if we do this on this shift.

Robin: Yes. Let's get to work and surprise Telson.

:: It was a dark morning, like the others despite the nearby star. Gamma shift was about to start and Kobin, the young Ferengi ensign was about to be late because the beautiful Orion woman that has kept him awake all the evening and her hands rubbing his tender ears. Everyone was in the room when the Chief Engineer received him ::

Telson: Ok, now that everyone's here, that's what's needed to be done.

:: Telson was a Human in his thirties that gave him a maintenance task in lower decks of the station::

Robin: oO Great Oo :: He thought in despair :: oO Again checking suport systems and all the fun for the others Oo

:: Regretting his fate, he took his tools and headed for the Jefferies tubes and arrived to the lower sections were he started the work, but soon felt so tired and leaning on the floor, fell asleep. He awake surprised and looked at the time. It's 05:00 so he realized he hadn't time to finish the job and thought that he could finish it the next day and didn't want Telson scolding him. In the meeting, he told that the job was done as he by-passed the diagnostics systems. only a Level II diagnosis will reveal the problem ::

( Next evening )

:: The thay has been moved and the base has used most of It's personnel repairing three ships that had arrived with damages after a Jem Haddar attack on a nearby system. In the meeting, Telson assigned him and Baruki, a Bolian woman, to repair the lower support energy systems. He didn't like it as he won't be free to do the other repair. They divided the sections were they'll work to finish everything within the shift ::

Robin: oO Great. If we finish this quick I can do the other Oo Ok, you take this half and I'll look the other. We'll meet in the other side. If not, continue until finding the other.

Baruki: Ok, It'll be great if we do this on this shift.

Robin: Yes. Let's get to work and surprise Telson.

:: Robin started the work, trying to do it as quickly as he could but realized he would not have time to finish the previous repair. Then he thought he'd seen movement in the adjacent intersection, but the dimm lights prevented a clear sight ::

Robin: Stop wandering and work

:: When he moved to the next section, the beautiful Orion woman was there, resting on the wall, provocative, as always ::

Til'lan: So, you're hiding here!

Robin: What are you doing here?

Til'lan: What do you think? Looking for you. You didn't come today!

Robin: I was resting, Last night I was so tired that... :: He thought that it'll be unwise to tell her what happened:: It's just taht I have a lot of work to do.

Til'lan: WHAT!!? You're tearing me aside with that excuse?

:: She started to sob and Robin felt bad for hurting her. Despite the Ferengi teachings he'd sought to not be the Ferengi Archetype and 'cause of this, he joined starfleet remaining far from home and family. He had few contact with his parents and the chance of loosing someone he cares and who cares for him made fear appear in his heart::

Robin: Don't be sad, please. I don't want to hurt you. What about an early breakfast, or a late snack. As soon as I finish with this, I'll call you. Ok?

Til'lan: :: Still sobbing, but less :: You promised.

:: He smiled and hugged here who answered with a long deep kiss while caressing his ear lobes. Robin felt the pleasure inherent to Ferengi ears thhat continued when she left him. Of course when Robin finished the job he hadn't time to do the other one so he went to his date with Til'lan still thinking of it.

(( One month later ))

:: Despite that they haven't spent a night together, Robin's relationship with Til'lan was progressing but she wanted to keep it secrete. She said It's becaucse of his father's hate for Ferengis. However, she asked him to leave his work to be with her and other similar requests that Robin refused . She also regarded about the Starfleet policies and feelings towards Ferengis and Orions due their past actions. Sometimes she even talked about some Orions she knew that made treaties with Ferenginar, not totally legal, and that they'll offer them work if they ever get tired of Starfleet. Robin complied about her, saying those things and she begged his pardon adn silence of what she said. He did, for the love they shared ::

:: One day he was finally promoted to Lt.Jg. as he'd been succesful hidding his errors and what he'd left for the other day due the continous interferences of Til'lan surprising him while working alone to just spend time togehter. He was so joyful that the Chief allowed him to go one hour earlieer. He wanted to surprise Til'lan so he looked for her and as Orion it wasn't difficult to find her biosigns with his new rank acces. He headed for her location and found her walking to an almost abandoned cargo bay. Then he hides to surprise her when she suddenly unfolded her arm and put it on the acces panel. Then a sign brighted in the arm, a red circle with a black number inside. When she entered, he approached the door and thanks to his ears he could hear her inside ::

Til'lan: ... report on subject 01285-F

Unkown voice: Ok, what's your conclusion?

Til'lan: The subject is clean, despite the easy way he can be manipulated he'd shown no signs of what we're looking for.

Unknown: Ok. Then you can finish this asset for your next assignement. Look that he didn't look for your true self and proceed to location GA 21 F. There you'll receive new instructions.

Til'lan: Acknowledge.

:: Robin moved to the side of the door still unbelieving what he'd heard. Who she was, was the main question in his head when she exited and looked at him surprised. Then she holds her arms while he grabbed her and pushed her inside making her fall ::

Robin: Who are you? .:: Anger and rage came together and he grabbed a tube from the floor:: You played with me. Why?

:: Before he could even approach to her, he was blinded by two lights coming from behind a wall. They were dressed in black suits covering faces too and have red two red strips on the arms. When Robin could see, two phasers were aiming at him. Til'lan stood up and his face changed to one of confidence and worry ::

Til'lan: Ok, now we have a problem. I could tell you the truth and you'll never speak of this, or... you'll have to dissapear for the rest of the universe.

Robin: What?

Til'lan: All you need to know is that this is something from Section 31. I didn't meant to hurt you, but it's my job. We suspected a filtration previous to an attack on this station and you seemed a good candidate to be the traitor.

:: Finally Robin had to agree and keep silence, but under the cover menace that anyone could be from Section 31 and that speaking will result in something bad for him. Three months later, Robint quit starfleet and returned home with his fathers ::

Lieutenant Marcus Dickesn

Chief Science Officer

USS INDEPENDENCE-A

• 2 weeks later...