• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FltAdml. Wolf

Why did you apply to join our community?

Hey folks -- if you want to talk models, please head to the General Discussion forum ;)

I played / wrote in a pbem trek group before that was smaller. About ten or twelve of us omper ship. I think it was about 10-12 years ago, the USS Hood? Can't even remember...

Since then I did some creative writing in a group format centres around a video game: X3 Reunion. Was fun, but my interest in the universe paled compared to trek, and I slowly ran out if ideas. It may have also been due to lack of direction control and such, but still fun while it lasted.

I tend to write with a little bit of humor etc, as I'm a bit of a good in RL.

Hope to join you guys when done training.

Cheers.

I like RP, I like Star Trek and I needed an outlet.

I've tried writing my own stories and I never seem to get my teeth into it totally. It get's overwhelming and confusing juggling characters and scenarios etc. If I can concentrate on one character and work with others on a wider plot, who knows I might get better at my own writing along the way.

Oh, also I like having fun with like-minded folks. Very important :D

Collaborative fiction is uniquely fullfilling.

I haven't sussed out quite how or why save that it has more appeal (to me) than the grind of MMORPG's or other rpg formats.

Star trek fills that hunger for scifi though I've messed with Mutant, Dragonrider and Hogwart stuff as well. (Well I 'looked' at Hogwarts...haven't actual joined a group there.)

I lurked a couple of days, reading over this and that. Noted each of the crews and such. It seemed like a laudable experience.

So here I am.

wink.png

• Like 2

I'm coming back into the simming world after an incredibly long time away - I don't think I've written in a Trek game since high school, so ten year ago. I love the look and detail to SB118 - everything about it is incredibly professional and exactly how I wanted a game to look all those years ago (right down to using a wiki *swoon*). I pretty much decided right there and then that if I was going to come back to this kind of thing, I wanted to try with you guys.

The friendly-looking community in the forums really helped too. ;)

I definately feel without a doubt that you won't get a better community anywhere else. I'm glad you joined us and i'm sure you won't be disappointed. It was the community and professionalism that got me hooked as well.

• Like 1

RP in general is something I've been doing since my early teens. The text based chats way back in the Yahoo rooms days and I miss it ao a large degree. A friend of mine is here and mentioned it the other day and I immedately latched on to the idea of it (not unlike a honey badger) and here I am!

Plus it's Star Trek.

I have always been a fan of star trek. My sister you play role playing star trek a great deal. Having some free time, she suggested I find one to get into. Her old role playing games are no longer active. SB118 looks like it has the serviceability and long time standing to be the place for me. I am really looking forward to getting into the game.

(On a side note, I am GREATLY

• Like 1

We're glad you decided to join us Kydo... and that you got that typo in your name sorted :)

Good luck with training Cadet!

It was logical, I sought a place to write and expand my characters.

• Like 1

It saw a opportunity to strengthen my writing skills in English, have new friends and a lot of fun.

Highly active, with a good OOC conversation.

I came a few years ago because I loved Star Trek and used to write years ago...but once I found this group, I joined an incredible cast of people who love Star Trek, writing, and the interaction between characters. This is by far the best group on the net.

Hi,

I've always been interested in RPGs and the like and have been recently looking at PBEMs to see what is around and found this one. Not a big Star Trek person but wanted to jump in and have a go and see what happens.

• Like 2

Hope you enjoy training! I know a lot of people here weren't huge Star Trek fans but got hooked ;)

A friend of mine recommended the place to me. I love Star Trek and have been RPing for half my life, but not writing like this.

That's great! Welcome to the group! I'm sure you'll have a great time here. :)

I joined it because when i first saw the facebook add video thingy i was like OMG I CAN STOP PLAYING WITH MY LEGO STARSHIPS lol so I immediately jumped onto Starbase118.net and signed up. Also Ive always wanted to do this kind of role playing but couldnt find and in these other games like on xbox or computer, but the best part about alllllllll this is that its based off my favorite TV series which theres 5 of them which is STARTREK YES! I watched every series and every movie that had the name of startrek on it, and startrek online was ehhh ok but a more in depth role playing like this is in my opinion better then a video game, where responses are from actual people and its not all program and best of all you get to make up anything in here (well not anything but i think you know what i mean) so yeah i was excited and still am excited to do this and go through training and get station on a starship!!!

• Like 3

I saw a link about it on Google+ and thought it looked interesting; I've always been a Star Trek fan and writing has always just been something I've done so this looked like something that was right up my alley.

• Like 3

I was thirsty for Trek and none of the RPs in my usual RP sphere appealed to me. I wanted to try a different format of RP as well, so I went looking for the SIMM-style because I wanted to try it out (and I'm glad I did!)

But I'll be honest: The main reason I chose SB118 over the others I saw was the excellent website, information, and organisational structure. I'm a sucker for well-designed information, what can I say? ;)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taelon said:

But I'll be honest: The main reason I chose SB118 over the others I saw was the excellent website, information, and organisational structure. I'm a sucker for well-designed information, what can I say? ;)  

Hey, me too! And thank you :)

• Like 1

Taelon's player tempted me over. She does tend to have good taste.

• Like 2

I have always written stories, both on my own and with other people.  On my off time, I play with my brothers and sisters in our own firefly roleplay, and we love it!  We also use NaNoWriMo every year as a chance to explore new ideas and storylines - a couple of us have even published.  I had heard of Starbase 118 from my mother and elder sister, and they had nothing but good things to say.  So, I looked it up, saw the professionalism with which you purported yourselves and was fascinated by it!  I can't wait to get into the holodeck!  Not to mention, growing up with Star Trek as a nightly tradition, it is in the blood to write about 'going where no one has gone before'!

Edited by T'Semrik
  • Like 2

When I was a kid...me, my brother, and a few friends would live role play Star Trek for hours at a time. The idea of simming by E-mail kind of brought back memories of those times and this got me interested in giving it a try. And as I said in my application...this would be an interesting change from the MMORPG games.

Off topic question if I may...

After re-reading my Arrival at Starbase 118 post I found it a little dry...is it too late to add to or change it?