Welcome to the 2019 Awards Ceremony! Visit the Awards Ceremony Forum

June 27: Introduction & General Awards  •  June 28: Length of Service & Special Awards  •  June 29: Staff Awards  •  June 30: Duty Post Awards & Finale

Red Carpet Fashion Report: Click here to see what everyone's wearing to the event of the year!

This year marks the 25th anniversary of our community's founding in 1994.
Join our celebratory thread to tell us what you love about our community, what you've learned as a member, or what keeps you here! 🎉🎊

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FltAdml. Wolf

Why did you apply to join our community?

Why am I here..For me it is my enjoyment of the ST series (all) a well as the fun I have beeen having witth STO (lifetime member).

Why am I here..For me it is my enjoyment of the ST series (all) a well as the fun I have beeen having witth STO (lifetime member).

It's good to see someone with great interests :) Welcome Erik

I am here, because I love Star Trek. Also, my friend Jacob said that this site has very good simming quality and the people were nice.

T'Vek

Hi. Not even a Cadet yet. It's thanks to a friend that I was intro'd to this, so I look forward to joining you.

I joined, mainly because after 3 years with another sim, where I had been a member of the Council, and First Officer or CO on a few different ships, I found our organization growing stale. I wanted to get back to that original zest that I felt when I first joined. Your organization has more than exceeded my expectations so far. I've been a member of a few different sims over the years, and some have been ok, and some have been...well, less than stellar. I've done sims that have been all over the timeline of Trek, but I like the placement of yours.There seems to be (I could be TOTALLY wrong) none of the infighting that has plagued other organizations, and a sense of community here. A common good if you will.

In the past, I've written just about any crew position on a ship you can imagine, but I've rarely seen an organized sim have a section where players can discuss how they play a position. While I have yet to be on an active sim yet (still in training), I appreciate what you have to offer. Forums, a wiki, a real training program with realistic goals and expectations, All signs of a class operation.

My hat is off to you.

Thank you! We have so many volunteers here who are working to make it as seamless as possible. We do our best, and hope that you enjoy it :)

I have simmed and roleplayed for over a decade, but I have never done so in a sci-fi setting or such a structured environment as a fleet. The game I have been playing for years seems to be dying and I'm looking for a new challenge, plus I was recently reading a series of reviews of old TNG episodes and reminiscing about how much I enjoyed Star Trek, so the idea popped into my head to google for an online Star Trek RPG. And here I am.

I just blundered into the site whilst on the a hunt for more into on the Vulcan languages. Here. I stayed. :)

This was the first place I came too . . . soooo . . . yeah

I was looking for a online game that I would be able to playing given certain annoying restrictions placed upon my internet (One of the downsides of university accommodation). Other sites I found were not as active and I love Star Trek so after days of pondering what my character would eventually be, I signed up. For some reason I thought I had to have all those details worked out in advance but that is neither here nor there. Suffice to say I definitely love it here.

Edited by Arden_Cain

Guest Guest

Well, my reason for joining is the same as most it would appear. I was looking for a active community, and one that focused mostly on PbEM or forums. Found a lot of live action ones (which are fun) however its tough to commit to a sim when you dont know if work will let you be a part of it in a few months. Been apart of some other sims/communities, unfortonatly they where not large enough to hold a strong sim. And since they had small crews, no one would join to make them bigger. Hope this one gives me a diffrent experence (so far so good)

I wanted to learn to write better,have more in depth characters and hopefully have an engaging story.

I joined to learn to write with greater economy, because I love Start trek and because I believe that to be part of a living ongoing adventure...its kind the best RPG there is.

Without getting naked of course.

Only being IN that universe would be better.:-)

Only being IN that universe would be better.:-)

Here, here!

I joined because this site seems have the most comprehensive database out of any PBEM I've ever been a part of. I am one of those people that loves to dive into all of the little details, and I'm going to have a lot of fun reading the dozens of resources provided on the main site... not to mention the wiki articles. I greatly look forward to simming with so many other enthusiastic Star Trek fans.

I'm a huge fan of RP (both graphical and table-top) and Star Trek, so when I found this it was only logical to investigate it! I must say that the whole play be email thing intrigues me, I've never done anything like that before! Also, if it can help improve my spelling then I had to give it a shot (my spelling is weird, I can spell complex or hard to spell words perfectly, but simple words seem to escape me).

I cant wait to start, I have been in 118 before and it is the BEST out there. I made Lt. Commander and hated to leave. I lost my job due to downsizing at work and so one of the bills that had to go was internet :-( but I am back and I cant wait to get this party started :-)

wb West I too was working and could not fit the time in for this.. and also lost my net as time went on...

I am back to be "re-programmed" into something new again, work killed me and I am still recovering: they say the amount of time I spent on my feet was equivalent to a dr. or waitress/waiter.

I am trying to get a friend to do this simming with me who is a writer but we will see. I like the new kinds of writing that I do in scifi fashion // if you see me babbling and mumbling it is just technobabble that I like so much, pay it no mind :)

• Like 1

I am so ready to go, I keep running and looking at my emails to see if it was started yet.... I am so ready lol

Way back in the day, I was strolling the internet looking for a physical model of an Akira-class cruiser. I stumbled across this and, being a role-player, I tried it out. I've been here (almost) ever since.

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!

Jenn

• Like 1

My story is a little longer. I'm not new here per se, I was simming here back in 2003 before I left after a few years here. Speaking with an old friend about this place I decided to come back and see if I can get my character re-instated.

Did you every get/build that model? santa.gif

Actually, yes, I did. It is packed up somewhere now, but I got it from federationmodels.com.

Jenn

Did you every get/build that model? santa.gif

Actually, yes, I did. It is packed up somewhere now, but I got it from federationmodels.com.

Jenn

so you have any built that you can show us that are not packed away?

I was thinking of entering my enterprise origami model but I do not know if it is worthy of the federationmodels.com site? or any site for that matter//what ever site would have it//

what would the opinion be? is it the enterprise? or is the body too oversized compared to the two narcelis tubes?

post-119-0-93278300-1347872261_thumb.jpg

post-119-0-34989000-1347872212_thumb.jpg

the yellow origami is mostly finished while the red is pre-transformations

this last blue image is a new ship design or at least one that i have not seen

post-119-0-57864300-1347872409_thumb.jpg

back on topic yes I have gone and adapted origami foldings to the enterprise such as the trek geek I am LOL

post-119-0-57864300-1347872409_thumb.jpg

post-119-0-93278300-1347872261_thumb.jpg

post-119-0-34989000-1347872212_thumb.jpg