June 15 is the 25th anniversary of our community's founding in 1994.
Join our celebratory thread to tell us what you love about our community, what you've learned as a member, or what keeps you here! 🎉🎊

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FltAdml. Wolf

Why did you apply to join our community?

Well, I joined becase i was looking for something new to do:) i had done PBEM years ago and thought i might like to try again. When i did a google serach, this site seem to stand out as the most intersting looking one out of the ones i checked:)

Because I missed it! It's been years and years since I played here, I figured now was a good time to start again.

And I just found the site for my old ship! http://www.starbase118.net/fleet/freedom/ Oh, how I miss that crew. :)

Only two of my sims in the logs (I played Lt. Ivrel), alas for my poor ego. :) But ah, the nostalgia!

Wanted a place to throw around writing ideas and I liked Star Trek. It's been great so far.

It is great to see that so many people think this is such a fantastic sim group. It is also nice to see that we have people who keep returning when their RL allows them the time to rejoin and jump into the fun.

I also have to agree that this group offers the greatest opportunites for creative writeing, interaction with others and the chance to chat about just about anything.

I also have to agree that this group offers the greatest opportunites for creative writeing, interaction with others and the chance to chat about just about anything.

Yeah. I've created one character I'm hoping to use for general purpose writing just by being in this group. Lots of intense creative development abounds here.

Guest Barton

Hi I am not new to simming have been a star trek simmer for over 7 years. I am the commanding officer of my own sim in another fleet. Infact a co founder of that Fleet. Dont let you be put off I feel being part of another fleet lets me learn new skills and meet a different set of folks. I like the fact I am not known and can get on with writing instead of look after day to day concerns of out fleet.

Its nice to meet you good folks.

It was nice to meet you too, Steven. Our door is always open to you.

Guest Rodas Jatan

I do LARP Star Trek roleplay in Second Life with "United Federation Starfleet" and Battlestar LARP with the "Twelve Colonies"...both splendid fun. I have also done PbF and PbEM rp with a number of groups but have yet to find one that really does what it says on the tin. I stumbled across your wiki and have to say that I was mightily impressed with the work there.

Looking forward to coming aboard and having some fun.

Non ahkayah Bentel - For the love of the Prophets

Guest Tasmin Zale

Hi, I am simming as Tasmin Zale. I chose Starbase 118 because i used to sim here many years ago (about 8 I think!). I was a vulcan/human hybrid and made it to LT Commander and also an orion doctor. This time I'm being boring and going human. Hope to meet up with some old friends. Is there a list o current crew mwmbers somewhere?

Welcome back!

The complete roster is found here: http://www.starbase118.net/members/personnel/allroster.php

Having recently become interested in Star Trek again (I have watched since little, on and off) I discovered that people used to do RPG's on facebook, and after failing to understand how to join those (or not having the courage to just jump into what other people have done) I searched around online and on facebook for RPG sites to join, and after a few others I found this one (off Star Trek.com I think) and so after checking out what was on offer (I am obsessive about research) I applied.

I don't have the knowledge of other people so the fact I get trained here was a huge lure because I absorb knowledge well, I just don't store it for long periods of time (unlike my charactor).

I now look forward to going through the academy and hopefully one day simming on a starship XD

Sorry about the double post, when I did it first time I was told the thread don't exist so presumed the reply vanished into hyperspace...apparently not and now I can't delete it, feel free to delete it for me :sweating:

Edited by Dranzer Damaer

Greetings!

I used to do a lot of Star Trek style RPG PBEM several years ago before my kids got into high school. :P Once they get to a certain age, you lobby for as much time as you can get before they fly the nest. Since they're both college bound now, and my daughter's been after me to take up writing again, I thought I might rejoin a ST game. :)

MK

Like some otheres here I too am ex-AQSG, although I never underwent their training program as I was a crew member of one of the two founding sims and therefor predate their Academy training by several years.

I always enjoyed the free-form but paced nature of the PBeM which encouraged character development and good writing skills. Unfortunately a lot of these sims appear to be falling by the wayside. With the folding of the last group I was involved in I was concerned that might be the end of Star Trek RPG as I knew it, as a great many players were lost to Star Trek Online.

I was therefor very interested when Starbase 118 appeared on my Google search, as you appear to be a keen and active group with a planned training program that suggests a high level of organisation and support for new players.

I admit that the writing style described on your website nearly put me off as I am very much a 'storyteller' and I was concerned that the various quote marks were indicative of a truncated and 'chat-like' method of posting, which I would find distasteful.

However, I read some of your writing competition work and also some posts from one of your sims on their YahooGroups site and found that this was not the case. Although the format is unfamiliar the quality and depth of writing is still there, so I resolved to 'suck it and see', as we say Down Under.

I have been playing other types of RPGs but I have missed Star Trek, and I am keen to boldly go once more.

Edited by Saveron

Interesting to hear this assessment :) We've been using this sim format since the beginning of the group, so it's very deeply ingrained in how we operate.

I'm glad you're giving it a chance -- hope you enjoy!

Guest Ellen Wyatt

I spend a lot of time on STO. Getting boring now that I have reached the rank of Vice Admiral. It may be time to delete myself on STO and start all over, again. LOL. I tried other RPGs and was rejected. Too aggressive, too many posts. Being retired on disability, I have time to post every day. So I want something less predictable than STO. I hope the flow created by using email will better fit myself.

My friend (who sims Renae Sullivan and I think is on the USS Drake) and I are in High School (Australia Grade 10) and she found the site first. We both love Star Trek, and that was what drove her into an obsession to be able to write it.

The only thing she did was type 'starbase.net' into her address bar and StarBase 118 came up apparently. You'll have to ask her directly, I only know so much as she raced through everything.

SHE was the one who pushed me into it. But before I had anything to do with it, I wasn't really into the idea because I'm not as confident a writer as her. That and the fact that she wrote for personal enjoyment anyway.

So after she tried it out and told me the outcome I wanted in, so I'm in! I had a rough start, but hey, I pulled through in the end. lol

Good to have you with us, Sky.

I was in a similar sort of position when I first joined - I enjoyed writing but I wasn't especially confident. Since I've been here, though, that's all changed and my writing has vastly improved. I hope you enjoy your time with us.

Plus your avatar is ace - lego Star Trek for the win!

Welcome to the fleet Sky. Glad to have you aboard, mate!

Good to have you with us, Sky.

I was in a similar sort of position when I first joined - I enjoyed writing but I wasn't especially confident. Since I've been here, though, that's all changed and my writing has vastly improved. I hope you enjoy your time with us.

Plus your avatar is ace - lego Star Trek for the win!

Hahahaha. Yes but SHHH! :rolleyes7: My character isn't one to command! In fact, it's kind of a miricle that Major deMarc hasn't thrown her in the brig yet: She's back-chatting him that bad, it's a wonder why he didn't suddenly drop sooner!

Which reminds me: None of you might happen to know where Major deMarc's writer suddenly went, would you?

Guest Darius Mando

I am new this week. I joined because I was looking on the web for something to join. Yes my real name is Steve Rogers. Man I will not live that down.

I decided to join this community for a few main reasons, one it seems very active and friendly, i have always fancy doing role playing thing based around Star Trek, 2 close friends are in the community and i just real real love Star Trek.

Found a link of facebook and found that this site seemed to be very active (going by the wiki and front page.) Playing STO is ok but, I ave a burning desire to get back into writingf and helping create stories set in the ST universe i know and love (all be it several years after the return of Voyager). I hope i have found a new home here.

I know how you feel, it's like my friend says. Games have a certain amount of bang but nothing beats the imagination. There is more joy to be had from making your own stories, or in this case collaborating, than going for a ride in other peoples stories.

A few things brought me here the love Star Trek. This might be a bit ego driven sorry but I watch SF movies they start off with so much potential but then fails to get there sorry might not be making much sense. Plus want to meet people who like talking about Star Trek.