• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[2007: JAN-FEB] Writing Challenge Discussion

Jordan aka FltAdmlWolf

I have a question, being new to the group and not having enough posts to start a new thread how would I submit an entry, since the instructions say to start a new thread in the writing challenge forum?

confused, but not dazed

I have a question, being new to the group and not having enough posts to start a new thread how would I submit an entry, since the instructions say to start a new thread in the writing challenge forum?

confused, but not dazed

When you're ready, just post on this list a request for a thread and someone will create one for you.

When you're ready, just post on this list a request for a thread and someone will create one for you.

Thank you, will do

:whistling:

Tonight I read the first several pages of the mmm well many a page in the book The Human Revolution about the creation of a sense of quality and things in that nature concerning philosophy of quality in life and education. Tonight as well I came to see the topic of these two months writing challenge to be on revolution and also the next meeting I go to will be on The Human Revolution as well... For me this is how life is. I did not plan to study the book The Human Revolution because the meeting I plan to go to will be on that book nor did I choose that book because of this topic ... I also know that the reverse is not true as well that these topics of revolution and the topic of the meeting being The Human Revolution we not made because for some strange reason I chose to open that book .. but still I know i need to read more in order to understand this topic and I will start reading my book by Jung on transformations what that will change or Revolutionize I will find out but now ... how to relate this to the trek canon is the question indeed....as what makes the revolution worthy of thought or ideas as well... the revolution is now we are becoming perfect yet imperfect being both and neither inside the now that has ever been everywhere...

• 3 weeks later...

Tentative working concept is the hologram revolution but I am unsure what episodes mention that revolution from voyager so for now till I do the research {although the thought of revolution and such being in one with my ideas concerning life and the "pursuit of happiness" why is freedom such a important thing ... but it is important and that is why revolution without war in a peacefulness that can be equivalent to love of life inside the thoughts were/are/will be waged forever until theirs is the [some obscure tangent!]}

The hologram revolution and the negative/positive ideas and such that relate to the revolution of the holograms themselves I believe the revolution of the holograms was peaceful but then I could not find anything about it at MA or the startrek.com site so if someone remembers the voyager episode it was talked about please either post it here or PM me - as always should you or any of your Holographic's be discovered holographic central will deny any connections to you.

Season 7 of Voyager, episode entitled 'Author, Author', tells the tale of the Doctor's struggle to be recognised as a sentient being, thus having the same rights as anyone else. 'Revulsion' from Season 5 also deals with a Delta Quadrant society using holograms as a labour class, thus the hologram on the ship killed his 'Organics' and wanted the Doctor to run away with him.

The holographic revolution was one of ideology rather than physical means, as we all know that holograms in the Star Trek Universe are still not granted the same rights as any other Federation citizen.

Good idea, I like it!

Incidentally, I'm considering expanding on an idea happening on the Independence as we speak, and an influence from the ships own ethos: "A little Revolution is good...every now and then!"

I am thinking of writing about a possible munity on a starship, and what lengths would an officer do to protect the ship from someone unfit for command, or someone who has abused power. The revolution aspect being the overthrowing of command by other officers and the implications of this.

I am initially drawn to this edition of the writing challenge for two reasons: I wrote my university dissertation on the American Revolution, and am interested in the shaping of things afterwards, as opposed to what was in place before hand (historically, politically and socially speaking), and also because some elements on the Independence are questioning Admiral Anassasi's sanity and ability to command. Totally IC, of course.

*EDIT* I should point out that this is a plot being generated by the Admiral herself, as she seems to be in telepathic contact with someone on DS17, whom no one else is aware of.

Thoughts?

Edited by Danny Wilde

I'll be turning in something on this. Like Mr. Wilde I was initially tempted to have something related to the starship...

However, I've got a different kind of "Revolution" in mind for mine..:)

Good luck all!

As earlier discussed, could someone be so kind as to start a thread for my for my entry. I have completed my little story, edited and ensured it met the word count...That was the hard part, had to edit out a few thousand words, a still keep the general idea straight. Oh, title for the thread would be Revolution on the Hunley a personal account...

Thanks in advance...

Tom aka...

• 2 weeks later...

When's the 18nd? The 18th is Sunday but I don't know of an 18nd...

Sorry, I can get stupidly picky to the point of annoying...

Good, I'm not too late! I had hoped not to miss this deadline, it would've been awkward not to send in anything for the challenge after getting the Data Artistic Award lol

• 2 weeks later...

It's posted in Writing Challenge Rules & Topic, January/February '07

Congratulations to the winners. All of the stories were very good. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.