• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[2006: SEP-OCT] Writing Challenge Discussion

Jordan aka FltAdmlWolf

That I agree with, I don't actually mind the negative bits or the fact I haven't won a challenge because it means I actually get feedback (rare for me) and knowing that more than just one person had read and appreciated my stories, that's enough for me.

So how's everyone's entries coming on?

I hope they're coming well :) I know this is going to be a real "challenge" with this topic, but I'm interested to see what everyone comes up with.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the assembly, and you even made me jump at the end, as my character's name is Cara Maria.... you can see why I jumped, is it her name or what he thinks of her?

Question here, is it normal that I still don't have my Runner-up banner for the last challenge? I see that DCody got his winner banner, so I'm wondering why I don't have mine yet...

Question here, is it normal that I still don't have my Runner-up banner for the last challenge? I see that DCody got his winner banner, so I'm wondering why I don't have mine yet...

http://www.starbase118.net/forums/index.ph...st&p=230012

Um, I know I have not gone through training yet, but the subject of the writing challenge has fascinated me. I was wondering if I could have permission to submit a story that I started working on.

If not, I understand.

Thanks!

since its september/october, I expect that you'll pass training before it ends.

Oh, good point! :w00t:

Well then, off to keep writing. I hope nobody minds that I'm submitting... I really just want to do it for the feedback. I've never had a story put up for people to respond to (quite a different feeling than simming).

since its september/october, I expect that you'll pass training before it ends.

Oh, good point! :w00t:

Well then, off to keep writing. I hope nobody minds that I'm submitting... I really just want to do it for the feedback. I've never had a story put up for people to respond to (quite a different feeling than simming).

No worries -- still two weeks at least before the contest ends. :)

I seem to lack the ability to make new threads. Will I be able to post my submission once I graduate?

I look forward to reading other submissions. I really enjoyed Reality's Edge.

Edited by Liam Hughes

when I first started with UFOP, and wanted to submit, I wasnt able to post either.

If you need someone to make a new thread for you, I'm here, and plenty of others will be more than happy to help you too.

That works out then, thanks. =)

I'll be putting it through a final edit tonight... mind if I PM you tomorrow?

I would offer, but i'm not going to be here either tomorrow :P well, not for a large chunk anyway.. but I'm sure very few of the active members here would refuse.

(Thank you! :D)

I'd write but I'm still stuck for ideas...

I like the assembly, and you even made me jump at the end, as my character's name is Cara Maria.... you can see why I jumped, is it her name or what he thinks of her?

Thank you :blushing:

Cheers, I think I'll bookmark those :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we've got about a week left. I have my story sorta, kinda thought out. Got to put it in the computer and then flesh it out a lot. Think I can get it down by the 22nd?

*heads nodding furiously*

Okay. Better get typing.... :teehee:

Edited by Julia Harden

Good Luck Julia,

I'm in the same boat. I've got the concept, plot, storyline all in my head..but my first attempt was awful enough that I s[...]ped it and started watching a movie instead...*laugh*

Really thought I would not have time to write anything for this one as much as it was a question of time but in the city on the edge of forever there is always endless time to do what ever one feels like...

that sounds like a good time to get it in :)

Edited by Cara Maria

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.