• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FltAdml. Wolf

Questions about our group

Question

Want a question answered about our community before you apply? Ask it here!

249 answers to this question

And hopefully you enjoy things enough here to stay more than just a few months.

I said that? I didn't mean that we plan to stay few months but that we are getting ready to join for a last few months. English is not our main language. We are going to classes and we thought it will help us if we join to do something we like using english. May be it wasn't such a good idea. Do you think it will be a big problem?

We currently have a crew member on the USS Mercury who has English as a second language. I think his first language is German. He is a great addition to the crew and we haven't had any problems, and from reading your posts I would say that your mastery of English is very good as I didn't guess that it was your second language.

When you said you were planning to join 'for a few months', the phrasing implied an intention to leave after that time. We would all hope that you'll be having so much fun that you'll want to stay. You will certainly be most welcome in the fleet.

There are quite a few members throughout the Fleet who are not native English speakers who have had the same idea as you - and in my experience, it has had some very positive results. I know we have at least three such officers aboard Starbase 118 Ops, as well as a very international crew overall. Everyone here is pretty easy to get along with. If we know what you mean, there's nothing to worry about, and if we don't know, we ask. As long as you don't mind the questions, then I think joining is a great idea. :)

I look forward to seeing you in the Fleet!

I filled the form and few hours ago I received a mail from you that I am Cadet. You are really fast, I didn't expect it. Husband and I are planning to join for a few months. I'm Vid-Lotilija El-Aurian and he's X'ik of Vulcan.

Ah, looks like your email address on the form was different than the one you had here on the forums. I'll go ahead and approve your account now :)

I have a really stupid question. Is it okay for my character to be pregnant?? I have some ideas for a cultural thing, (not explicit stuff) that i think i could use. Is it allowed or should i leave that be? Thanks! By the way, I'm new here!

I have a really stupid question. Is it okay for my character to be pregnant?? I have some ideas for a cultural thing, (not explicit stuff) that i think i could use. Is it allowed or should i leave that be? Thanks! By the way, I'm new here!

It's certainly not against the rules as long as it fits logically into the plot. I'd imagine StarFleet probably has a four month maternity leave policy. The only concern is the closeness to being posted on the ship. If someone was just leaving the Academy, they'd probably defer posting to a ship until after maternity leave?

Hi! Just got my application approval notice today. What do I do now?

Good for you! You will likely receive an email letting you know when to start the Academy. It usually starts on a Monday, so you might not get started until next week. Be patient, the command is very good about getting it all sorted out. I was very eager too. You are welcome to read all the materials and forums while you wait. Welcome!

The approval email recommends your next step -- forums, and our Cadets area. It will walk you through plenty of stuff to do!

In training now, lots of fun!

• Like 1

Glad you're having a blast. And just think - this is only the beginning! =)

• Like 1

I'm sure you will do well and really enjoy simming here once you have a permanent assignment.

Hi all new cadet here, noticed no one had posted here for several months and thought I might inquire as to any recent history that maybe useful for newbies - LOL!!! I had looked around but did not see anything relevant; though there is a lot to sift through.

Anything would be useful!!!

Have a wonderful weekend w00t.gif

Hi all new cadet here, noticed no one had posted here for several months and thought I might inquire as to any recent history that maybe useful for newbies - LOL!!! I had looked around but did not see anything relevant; though there is a lot to sift through.

What would you like to know ? There is a lot of information, but if you have any questions one of us can help you.

Edited by Alexander Matthews
Double posting

http://www.starbase118.net/about/group-introduction/fleet-timeline/ gives a little bit of information on where we are in the grand scheme of Trek timelines. You will probably pick up quite a bit once you get to your home ship as well. If you have any specific questions, never hesitate to ask!

Can't wait to get started myself.

• Like 1

Guest Jim

Hi all. I have only ever done board rpg's. How exactly does an e mail rpg work?

Glad we could help answer your questions in the live chat! Welcome to 118! =)

Hi all. I have only ever done board rpg's. How exactly does an e mail rpg work?

For future reference of anyone looking at this thread, here's the answer from our FAQ on the Group Introduction page of our joining tour:

Q. How does this work?

A. Think of our game like writing a big Star Trek novel with a bunch of friends. Each of you has a character, and you write your piece of the story every few days. Those pieces of the story add up to a plot that lasts a few weeks, which is part of the ship’s larger narrative. You’ll receive other people’s pieces of the story via e-mails to your e-mail inbox, and you simply reply to a special e-mail address, and everyone will receive your part of the story. Take a look at our Example Sim for an idea of what this looks like.

Guest Firefiend

Can I play as a Romulan from the Romulan Republic? Not from the Empire. In case you don't know, but there is a good version of the Romulans which is the Romulan Republic. Also, seeming it's not a race not available, can you make an expectation?

Sent my application in this weekend. My training starts later today. Here's my character introduction and here's my personal introduction.

My question is about the tone/nature of the simming here. Is it combat-heavy? I really have little interest in simming combat.

My favorite Star Trek episodes are where they're exploring and discovering. I'd be much more interested in simming investigating an anomaly, discovering what happened to a colony that mysteriously disappeared, or rescuing the inhabitants of a planet in danger of a natural disaster than ships shooting at each other.

Or does it vary by where your stationed? Do some of the ships feature combat in their sims more than others? If so, is this taken into account during placement?

Sent my application in this weekend. My training starts later today. Here's my character introduction and here's my personal introduction.

My question is about the tone/nature of the simming here. Is it combat-heavy? I really have little interest in simming combat.

My favorite Star Trek episodes are where they're exploring and discovering. I'd be much more interested in simming investigating an anomaly, discovering what happened to a colony that mysteriously disappeared, or rescuing the inhabitants of a planet in danger of a natural disaster than ships shooting at each other.

Or does it vary by where your stationed? Do some of the ships feature combat in their sims more than others? If so, is this taken into account during placement?

I'd love to hear our member responses on this, but my more general, 30,000-foot view response is that every ship does sim combat from time-to-time, it's just a question of how often and on what scale.

We ask that you do not request specific ships during placement unless you have friends aboard that you joined to sim with, as it's possible that a ship might sim far too fast or slow for you preferences, and it will slow down your placement greatly as we try to discern from you whether or not you're okay with accepting a change like that. Our primary factors in placement are your duty post preference and the pace at which you want to sim.