• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FltAdml. Wolf

Questions about our group

To whom should I submit the character draft/sketch?

Submit to your training officer once they contact you to start the group. They'll review it and pass it up the chain if any further review is required.

Hello, I want to ask does approval here on forums mean I'm approved?

Your application was approved. Did you receive the email we sent you earlier today about your application approval?

Your application was approved. Did you receive the email we sent you earlier today about your application approval?

Nope. Check spam, no! Nothing.

I received forum approval with 2-3 days delay, though.

I made new mail to use for this. I saw somewhere what to do to register it, but can't find it any more.

I made new mail to use for this. I saw somewhere what to do to register it, but can't find it any more.

Private messaging you right now. Check your PM inbox here on the forums :)

Private messaging you right now. Check your PM inbox here on the forums smile.png

Thank you. You're so very kind.

Guest Shawn Aarons

Okay, question. Must we use Yahoo to play? I have a Gmail account that I would prefer using, but if we have to use Yahoo, I'll use it.

Hello, starfleet. :)

I wonder whether I as a new cadet should have my forum profile IC or OOC. Some introductions I'm about to make are required to be IC, others - OOC. So how does one manage this?

Thanks!

Okay, question. Must we use Yahoo to play? I have a Gmail account that I would prefer using, but if we have to use Yahoo, I'll use it.

You don't need a Yahoo! account to play the game. We use Yahoo! Groups as our listserv, but you can subscribe with any email address.

Hello, starfleet. smile.png

I wonder whether I as a new cadet should have my forum profile IC or OOC. Some introductions I'm about to make are required to be IC, others - OOC. So how does one manage this?

Thanks!

Hello!

Forum profiles are usually OOC. Your wiki and UPDS profiles will be IC. You can sign any IC introductions on the forums with your character name, but usually people recognize, if it's in an IC area of the forums, what's going on.

Guest thcr18

hey everyone,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I'm on kind of a tight schedule at the moment, and couldn't read through the 7 pages of questions.

I'm a member of another sim group, been there for over 10 years, I have even hosted a game or 2 over there, and myself and 2 of my friends there are looking at branching out, trying something new, meet new people etc.

One of the things we're curious about is if we join, after the training and what not, do we get to pick our assignments, or do we risk being assigned to 3 different ships, do we get to pick our positions? I've been reading around the site a bit, but still haven't been able to find answers to that. In our case, I noticed the Star Base 118 doesn't have anybody playing Marines, which happens to be what 2 of us have been playing for a long while. Anyway, any answers would be great, and with any luck, I'm looking forward to getting to know the members here.

-Jon

One of the things we're curious about is if we join, after the training and what not, do we get to pick our assignments, or do we risk being assigned to 3 different ships, do we get to pick our positions? I've been reading around the site a bit, but still haven't been able to find answers to that. In our case, I noticed the Star Base 118 doesn't have anybody playing Marines, which happens to be what 2 of us have been playing for a long while. Anyway, any answers would be great, and with any luck, I'm looking forward to getting to know the members here.

Hi there! Sorry this was in the queue for a few days.

Near the end of training, you'll fill out a form giving us an idea of what position you'd like to play, and how often you want to sim. You choose your top two choices for Duty Posts, and then we use your choices to place you on a vessel that has an open position and sims at the pace you're looking for. Members generally don't get to choose their ship -- we take great care in placing you on a ship that will actually fill your needs, and has an open position.

We do have about a half-dozen Marines in the fleet. You can check them out on our fleet roster.

I will be uploading my bio soon as I am a new cadet, but I was wondering what the prerequisites for becoming a starfleet marine might be?

I will be uploading my bio soon as I am a new cadet, but I was wondering what the prerequisites for becoming a starfleet marine might be?

Can you clarify what you mean?

There are no prerequisites, OOC, to be a Marine. For In Character, we've never worked out the Academy pre-reqs for Marines, so you'd have to wing it.

I am sure that I can wing it. I also wanted to know if you used the same ranks for marines or y'all had marine specific ranks as is used elsewhere?

I am sure that I can wing it. I also wanted to know if you used the same ranks for marines or y'all had marine specific ranks as is used elsewhere?

Marines have Marine specific ranks in our group.

http://wiki.starbase118.net/wiki/index.php?title=Starfleet_Rank_Index:_Marines

Thank yall for all your help I look forward to rping with all of you!

Hello again. Sorry to be a slight annoyance (maybe its just me, but I seem to think my questions have been rather vague.) I would like to know what the current date is (standard Terran date so that I can put my age in the bio.) I also was wondering since I want to play a Marine is there anyone that could help me flesh out a Virginia Academy story?

The current date is 238901.19, which would be January 19th, 2389, UFoP is set 377 years in the future, so you just add that to the current year. Hope this helps.

Hello again. Sorry to be a slight annoyance (maybe its just me, but I seem to think my questions have been rather vague.) I would like to know what the current date is (standard Terran date so that I can put my age in the bio.) I also was wondering since I want to play a Marine is there anyone that could help me flesh out a Virginia Academy story?

The current stardate is always available on our website on this page, on the upper right-hand area: http://www.starbase118.net/members/

I logged in with my facebook account. I got used to do that because it's easy. Everywhere else where I log in with facebook account I still had to make account, but here when I logged in it transfered me back to forum without asking to create account. Did I do something wrong way? Should I create account first and then log in with facebook?

I logged in with my facebook account. I got used to do that because it's easy. Everywhere else where I log in with facebook account I still had to make account, but here when I logged in it transfered me back to forum without asking to create account. Did I do something wrong way? Should I create account first and then log in with facebook?

Nope -- you're all set up and ready to go :) But you won't have full access to the forums until you actually complete an application and are accepted to the group: http://www.starbase118.net/about/group-introduction/

Have you done so already? If so, I'm not seeing it in our system...

I filled the form and few hours ago I received a mail from you that I am Cadet. You are really fast, I didn't expect it. Husband and I are planning to join for a few months. I'm Vid-Lotilija El-Aurian and he's X'ik of Vulcan.

Welcome to the Fleet. The next Academy class will start on Monday. We look forward to you joining us.

And hopefully you enjoy things enough here to stay more than just a few months.

I said that? I didn't mean that we plan to stay few months but that we are getting ready to join for a last few months. English is not our main language. We are going to classes and we thought it will help us if we join to do something we like using english. May be it wasn't such a good idea. Do you think it will be a big problem?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.