Edited by Saveron
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Saveron said:

And Brell beat me to it. :)

The ol’ “next page fakeout.” 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Inquiring Minds...

Hi, I'm a veteran Trek RPG by forum player. Does this RPG play on a forum?

We play by e-mail.  Each ship/station has a google groups list (two actually, one for IC posts and one for OOC chats) that we use to play. 

~Patrick

Guest Inquiring Minds...

Sigh...

Do you know of any RPGs that play by forum?

1 hour ago, Guest Inquiring Minds... said:

Sigh...

Any reason we can't convince you to give Play By Email a try? :)

We've been running for nearly 25 years now, so we like to think we have Star Trek simming figured out pretty well! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Guest Inquiring Minds... said:

Sigh...

I've been simming for two months now and I feel this is the best way to play an RPG. It's so well constructed and easy to navigate around. At least see if you like training first! 

-Dane

Galven S4U1 banner.png

Honestly, these days I mostly go to the Google group directly to read sims and post my replies, so I basically play the game like it’s forum-based. All of our ships use Google groups for handling the email lists and archives. You can always see which you prefer later and set your email delivery preferences from all messages to digest/summary or even none and just use the Google group sites for everything.

How to write messages in the chat room? It says I'm not permitted to do that.

2 hours ago, Oz Daniels said:

How to write messages in the chat room? It says I'm not permitted to do that.

Would you mind trying this link? https://www.starbase118.net/chat/

Follow the instructions onscreen carefully – it does require you to step through a few quick things before you can chat.

Let me know if that doesn't work!

A question: i stumbled upon the federation news service, and wonder, is anything that is written there considered canon in the simm, and public knowledge? 

5 hours ago, John Williams said:

A question: i stumbled upon the federation news service, and wonder, is anything that is written there considered canon in the simm, and public knowledge? 

Yes, anything written by our members for the FNS is considered part of our universe's extended world building and can be considered public knowledge and referenced in your sims. In fact, this is encouraged and one of the intended uses of the FNS itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Roshanara Rahman said:

Yes, anything written by our members for the FNS is considered part of our universe's extended world building and can be considered public knowledge and referenced in your sims. In fact, this is encouraged and one of the intended uses of the FNS itself.

Excellent. I keep being more and more impressed with the depth of this simm community. Love it.

• Like 4

Hi there,

I'm curious about how the process of making another (permanent) character works. Would that character go through training as well? 

I'm aware I need to be a higher rank to create a second character, and I dom't want to straight away anyway. Just curious.

Thanks!

Hello and welcome @Esbrun Vardai

Once you reach the rank of Lieutenant you're able to submit a request to play a second character on another ship. IC, like all Starfleet officers, that character would have gone through the academy; however you as the player won't, you just join the ship in a similar manner to how you joined the first.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jarred Thoran said:

Hello and welcome @Esbrun Vardai

Once you reach the rank of Lieutenant you're able to submit a request to play a second character on another ship. IC, like all Starfleet officers, that character would have gone through the academy; however you as the player won't, you just join the ship in a similar manner to how you joined the first.

Ah, that's really helpful. Thanks a lot.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Former member who left due to real life stuff a few years ago Stopped responding to emails because of stuff and got dismissed from the ship I was on.

I'm back now and looking to start over but I recently sent a former members application in and believe I was told 36 hours response time. It has been over this time period (Nov 16th) and I was just wondering who to contact about it.

Thanks

I will ping @FltAdml. Wolf to look into this.

• Like 1

Thank you :)

Hey,

There is a thread that says 'Don't forget to submit a group application' but I am failing to figure out what I am meant to do. Sorry for being completely stupid, but how do I apply? I have had my application accepted and I am due to begin training tomorrow (Mon 26th). I assume this is for the relevant google groups?

Cheers,

Kree'Ahk

7 hours ago, Kree'Ahk said:

There is a thread that says 'Don't forget to submit a group application' but I am failing to figure out what I am meant to do. Sorry for being completely stupid, but how do I apply? I have had my application accepted and I am due to begin training tomorrow (Mon 26th). I assume this is for the relevant google groups?

This forum is open for anyone in the world to see, so that people can ask questions before they apply. Some people request membership on the forums assuming that's how you join the group, so we have a reminder thread here that they also need to submit an application to join the community. You've already received your application acceptance so you're good to go. 

Ah thanks. Some of the guys on the Discord said the same thing but it's good to have it confirmed, thanks. I didn't know if I had to manually sign up to the relevant google group or something. Derp. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.