• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FltAdml. Wolf

Questions about our group

Want a question answered about our community before you apply? Ask it here!

Guest Rose

Okay what is it your rpg group has to offer more, than the other million rpg groups that are around the web. Don't get me wrong, I have been in several rpg groups and they have been very boring to my own taste. (Board+ mail rpg)

Okay what is it your rpg group has to offer more, than the other million rpg groups that are around the web. Don't get me wrong, I have been in several rpg groups and they have been very boring to my own taste. (Board+ mail rpg)

Community and stability is what we have to offer that other groups don't. We've been around for 12+ years under the same leadership. Every captain in this group can trace his "lineage" back to me as the first CO in this group :)

And community in terms of the many fleetwide events and media we have. One main website, the wiki, the forums, etc. Our prospective members area is a good place to learn more!

Plus, we have seven ships and a starbase to choose from. Plenty of diversity so you won't get bored here ;)

Guest Rose

Okay that's really good, I know some rpg groups on the web which have million ships and starbases in the fleet, but only a few ones really work good. While the other are non-active.

Anyways asside from that, is there also a place where u can show 2dconcepts and stuff like that? As I assume there are some graphic artists around in the fleet.

Anyways aside from that, is there also a place where u can show 2dconcepts and stuff like that? As I assume there are some graphic artists around in the fleet.

No, we don't have a dedicated gallery. We're an RPG group, not a graphic design guild :P

Where applicable, you can post relevant graphics on appropriate wiki pages, or on the forums. Otherwise, the best place to show off your work is a place like Scifi-meshes.com.

Guest Chris Redfield

Can we create our own ships to add to the fleet? And if so how and when?

There's a couple of routes for this.

One is NPC ships. These are ships that are creations of regular players, with the permission of their commanding officers, for the purposes of simming the plotline. For example, the USS Wellington has been used by a couple of different groups for a couple uses, most recently to tow the USS Ronin back to a shipyard to be repaired.

The other way, which I think is the one you're asking about, is becoming your own captain. After you go through the ranks, are approved for your own command and promoted to Captain, you may propose your own ship to the fleet. Usually canon ship classes take less work to get approved, but other non-canon ships have been in the fleet. Examples include the Achilles-class and the Ronin-class. To become a captain in your own right takes a lot of time and work. My path took about 5 years.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Guest Kane

Hi all,

I'm an spanish simmer (GM in U.S.S. Heracles, my character is Alm. Mitchells) and I'm looking for new simm experiences. My english isn't as good as I would like but I could try to play in english. Your simm game appears to be so interesting and funny but maybe I have not enough english level to make me a good english simmer. I have seen tons of Star Trek simms (alpha fleet, bravo fleet, sixth fleet..) but yours is the more I like so, my "first" english experience could be here.

Do you think I should venture? :cool4:

PD: My email is uss_heracles[ARROB]hotmail.es so you can contact me by mail if necessary.

I'd try it... I'll wager the intense writing practice will improve your written english at the least! (not that its bad now by any means)

Not to mention the fact that we have a number of Spanish-speaking simmers in the group already. I'm sure we could find a place for you. And, like Idril said, you're English seems pretty good to me. :)

Guest Kane

Thanks for your words, Idril and Lt. Kolk. You have convinced me. :biggrin2::biggrin2:

I will try it. As you have he academy and if it doesn't go properly, I will always have time to leave the game.

[Mode "Filling aplicattion form": ON] :laugh2::laugh2:

So do you have spanish players? They will be a great help with my first steps here.

I think you will find us exactly what you are looking for. We have several with English as a secondary language. Two of them are from Spain, and have moved up in the ranks very well.

:)

Edited by Toni

There are one or two from other Spanish-speaking nations too...

I think both Cmdr Moranta and Lt Cmdr Dickens are in Spain, although Dickens is on leave at the moment. Lt Cmdr Vannini is in one of the Central American countries, and also has Spanish as a first language.

Oh, and I think Lt Cmdr Maria speaks Spanish too, though English is her first language...

You're certainly more than welcome. I've learnt several foreign languages in my time and I'd say that simming here would be a good way to practice and improve your English. Not only in terms of writing a sim each day but also with regards to the friends you make with whom you could chat on the forums or over instant messenger.

If you're still a little unsure, remember you could pick an alien race for your character. Then your use of English could just add to the effect of the character's alien exoticism as a non-terran because they speak slightly differently.

Good luck applying!

Guest Kane

Hi all,

Thanks for your words. I've been very busy this past week (My simm, I have a RPG Radio Program too, and my job) and I haven't had enough time to fill out the form. But I will fill it today or tomorrow and the next monday I hope to ingress Base 118 Academy.

See you in the stars!! :rolleyes7:

I'm a new Cadet!! :D

*smile* Yes, you are. Glad to have you with us.

I have a question how do you know what your profession is going to be out of the two you chose when you applied?

I have a question how do you know what your profession is going to be out of the two you chose when you applied?

Usually, it's best to choose the duty posts that are most appealing to you or the ones you know the most about. :smilie2:

During the training group, you may or may not get the duty post you requested, but it's only a week, so nothing to worry about there ;)

When we place you on a ship, we take into account how often you wish to sim, the duty post you requested, and what duty posts are available on a ship that fits your simming style. About 95%+ of the time, you are posted into your first or second duty post request.

I'm a new cadet and have had training group sent to me

BUT the question is...do i need a yahoo email address to take part?

I'm a new cadet and have had training group sent to me

BUT the question is...do i need a yahoo email address to take part?

You don't have to have a Yahoo address, but the compatibility is better and changes in setting are minimal. :blink1:

Edited by Toni

How come this is the only forum topic I can access?

Should be fixed now -- we only allow non-confirmed members of the forums to access the training areas ;)

Thanks to anyone that ventures a response to this, its greatly appreciated.

As a new cadet I've found it difficult establishing the time frame in which we are caught. Going by the UFOP star date standard and by reading the biographies of certain people I've established that the Dominion War occurred somewhere in between 2372-2376. Anyone able to confirm that for me? Is there an expectation that we are to fit ourselves into this time line and honor canon material? Lastly on this topic is this standardised across the fleet?

I was wondering about a little bit of back story to the training simulation. I understand it's part of our cadet's cruise, albeit via simulation, but is the mission meant to be with cadets we would know? Obviously once things get started I could organise a joint sim with a fellow cadet and invent a little bit of history together but I was just wondering if this was feasible or considered outside the scope of training?

Much obliged!