• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[2006: MAY-JUN] Writing Challenge Discussion

Jordan aka FltAdmlWolf

I was thinking this morning of sitting this one out but I think I might have an idea...

How many windows do you get in a wilderness? I may have to lay off Tia and co for this one... though there is a way I could do it.

A window by any other name is still a window. Just don't shut the window on my fingers. :) Jumping out of windows again I see. My first finger painting was done on a window when I was two I will not tell you what I used as the paint...lets just say at that age I did not mind the smell... I was told from then on I was an artist ...

*winces in horror* ok, I really hope it wasn't what I thought it was...

and I'm doing a bit of Cara's early life instead.

This will probably be my first writing challenge entry I don't know what to write so I guess I have to look over the other writing challenges and put something together about windows mmm windows a tentative title I have so far is "The windowpane melted into the ground" or possibly floor depending if I decide to be inside or outside of the window you know looking in or looking out ... guess I have to decide which side of the window I am on :) ahhh I know a dialog thru a window maybe...

What a great topic! I hope I can get something together before the deadline. :)

Mine's up, and as always one of the first :P

My entry is little more than a stub still. If I do finish it, it's likely to be descriptive with little/no dialogue because despite the judges comments on my last entry, I feel I can actually write description whilst dialogue just chops it up and stops it from flowing smoothly from my point of view...

It depends on how you write the dialogue, and the best way to get better at it is to practice, if it helps then do thoughts first, they can flow more...

It depends on how you write the dialogue, and the best way to get better at it is to practice, if it helps then do thoughts first, they can flow more...

There is good reason why my descriptions occassionally include reported speech...

Ahhh!

Xoet! You stole my idea!

its alright, mines different - but has to do with time, and a future self.

- so i hope its alright that two stories have similar themes.

HOWEVER - mine is VERY different in the main plot, just they both have to do with future selves.

I MAY post it soon (after I finish writing it, and editing)

Edited by Nemitor

I can't wait to read them all :D but there are really only so many things you can do with windows...

The way I am approaching my story is each time I go to add something I am or consider myself as the future self communicating with the last future self that typed the entry before not sure if that is OK or not but since this is my first writing challenge I guess I will approach the idea that way...(Hopefully It will get me out of my circular reasoning)

The way I am approaching my story is each time I go to add something I am or consider myself as the future self communicating with the last future self that typed the entry before not sure if that is OK or not but since this is my first writing challenge I guess I will approach the idea that way...(Hopefully It will get me out of my circular reasoning)

Sounds trippy.

I've got a quick question:

Does the story have to be posted as a post? Can it be posted as a PDF? or maybe both? I found the formatting looks much better in word 2007 than a post.

I have an Idea for future challenges that might be good and might be bad but I think we can discuss it here

what if every writing challenge was a poll were the poll was the grading of the challenge

it could be that we would have the judges votes and the popular votes as well

*looks for quick reply*

Ok, I'm now on my 5th story idea, having rejected the first four for various reasons. First one lacked substance and meaning, didn't like the idea of the second one, third one overlapped a lot with another entry and fourth overlapped with a JP being written to be posted in a couple of months... I hope this fifth idea is good enough and doesn't clash with others, though it can easily be explained if it contradicts another.

hey, at least you know I'm honest

Yes, and I knew it still needed a drastic rewrite. It's the idea I wanted feedback on so thanks for that :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.