June 15 is the 25th anniversary of our community's founding in 1994.
Join our celebratory thread to tell us what you love about our community, what you've learned as a member, or what keeps you here! 🎉🎊

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tracey

Anyone ever fail?

I was a cadet with Tash when I joined, we didn't fail but our class managed to blow up the ship. I just have to ask, are we the only class to achieve that magnificent end in training? Idril Mar was our instructor at the time... can't remember the FO. It was a great ending though. :) It still gives me a good chuckle.

ROFL! Not heard of that before :)

A recent class did manage to get its FO killed though.

Cadet Llewelyn not only blew up the ship but killed the CO in the process. :blink1: And I was COing

Some people got to kill their commanding officers?!? Man, I didn't even get to SHOOT anyone, let alone KILL anyone ;)

Cadet Llewelyn not only blew up the ship but killed the CO in the process. :blink1: And I was COing

As well as one of the other cadets.

To be fair, it was a simulated killing, and allegedly "under secret orders" of the "Admiral" (not Wolf), supposedly to put the crew in a "survive and move forward" mode... And look, we're great friends now...lol. Of course, Toni did pull me aside and ask, "Is this what we can expect from you in the future?" I guess the jury is still out, but hey, I'm not boring...lol. :whistling:

BTW, who was the other cadet I killed? Now actually that I think about it there may have been another cadet in the ship at the time, but so was I in all fairness. Lord Knows I had a list of Cadets I wanted to kill at the time, and to be honest Maria was scary as all get out, I thought she was going to eat my soul or something...;)

Edited by Iolo Madoc Llewelyn

Can't remember the name of the other Cadet, but suffice to say I don't think he passed the course - being dead rather puts a dampner on your graduation chances (Kobayashi Maru aside).

And Maria scary?! She's perhaps the gentlest, least obstructive character I've had the chance to sim with. She gets embarressed if people ask her what she'd like to drink ;) (well, okay, maybe not quite that bad)

Maybe I was having an existential OOC creep out with her internal dialog and the streamers thing. Now come on, am I the only one who's afraid of party favors? I think not! :blink1:

She's an empath with synaesthesia (she sees emotions). Sure it's odd and takes some getting used to, but it's just plain cool, man! My emotions are rain-clouds! :D You can't beat that!

Cara's 'simming emoticons' - yes that's what I'm calling them ;) - for Gregory were Planets... an excellent touch. I remember from training bumping the ship into another ship - shields were up of course - but for the most part the session I was in seemed pretty easy going and relaxed.

I can't remember who was in mine though, I only remember Firestarter *sighs*

Fascinating to read about failures and the comeback! This is my first time SIMing here so hopefully I won't be replying to this topic too much! :sweating:

On this topic, if you fail can you resit with the same character?

Only if you double-post in the forums.

:devil:

You don't really fail unless you drop out or are abusive :)

Otherwise, everyone gets a second shot to complete their requirements in a second session, and yes, you can use your same character.

• Like 1

You don't really fail unless you drop out or are abusive :)

Otherwise, everyone gets a second shot to complete their requirements in a second session, and yes, you can use your same character.

As I remember, I signed on as Teri Turner, but was so nervous that about the third time I simed in class, I signed the post as Toni (because I forgot her name), and it stuck. Guess I can be glad I didn't use Tina, because when it comes to siming, I've learned "What love has to do with it"