• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[2006: MAR-APR] Writing Challenge Discussion

Jordan aka FltAdmlWolf

Ensign Kaitlyn Rowean, Captain Rhys Bejain, and Captain Rocar.

I'll let you decide which is the good, the bad and the ugly.

Little low on entires this month. Does anyone else fancy a go? There's still time to post entry.

As this competition is really all about the fun perhaps some of you would like to encourgage your crewmates? ...if you are a senior officer encourage your junior officers to have a go. If you are a junior officer... challenge your senior officers to stop sitting on their hands and see if they can beat you in a writing challenge! ;)

Edited by Rocar Drawoh

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know that quite a few people have got something in the pipeline...

Still not happy with it, planning to revise some bits in the final few days but I've just posted what I have.

The current version has a little note in small italics at the end explaining my thinking. I'll take that off the edit but what is currently there is the main bit. All that might change are certain sentances, a little more detail, improving the wording... We'll see about a possible extra paragraph but that'll only happen if I'm happy with the rest of it before the closing date.

EDIT: Can't see how to improve it at the moment. Have marked with the finished tag in case Idon't get back to it. I've deleted the explanation from the end, I'll paste it here so you can read it... Basically, I can see two separate poison apples, and the note points them out...

(Marcus Henderson is meant to be the ‘Poison Apple’. My rationale is that the poison apple betrays the person who eats it, who would trust the apple to be just like any other. In this regard, Henderson is a poison apple for Salak. A Poison Apple can also lead to the end of the life of the person who bites it, the poison being the cause of death. In this context, Henderson is also a poison apple for the P’Kothla as his sabotage is the poison which ultimately destroys the vessel, which may have otherwise been able to be retrieved)

Edited by Salak

*phew* Got one in under the wire. Started it a month ago, and forgot about it. *duh*

Anyway, good luck everyone. Again you all have really put some great writing into the competition.

I've enjoyed reading the entries for thisc ompetition as usual, and my fingers are itching for the next one already..

I'll see what the topic is before I decide to write an entry.

Besides, you can write if you win, you just can't enter it. There is the Character Cafe, after all...

Erm, forgot that minor point about winning, ok, character café on standby then, though I doubt I'll need that, that latest one was excellent...

Well, one thing about having until tomorrow for a deadline. We still have today to make changes or corrections, and after I re-read mine, that's exactly what I had to do for correctness. *duh* A silly mistake at that. :(

that is true, whose time too?

Don't know what to tell you. I am on EST so it would come earlier for me than you. *lol*

Goes on my time, LOL ;)

But I'll accept any entries that come in close to the deadline, so long as they're not noon tomorrow anything like that.

Absolutely, terrific work, everyone. It all just keeps getting better and so many entering really is nice. Good luck to you all. Well done.

Good luck!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.