• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[2006: JAN-FEB] Writing Challenge

Jordan aka FltAdmlWolf

Guidelines: To participate, create a new thread. The subject of the thread must be the title of your story. If it is a Work In Progress, denote that with the heart post icon. If your work is complete, use the horizontal arrow post icon.

Your work must be entirely your own. No co-authoring.

You are welcome to create any character you so desire, but they must be from the Star Trek universe. No "canon" characters allowed. (i.e.- No one who has been on a show.)

Challenge: "Going Home" - Although it may sound easy, take a few moments to consider the emotions that returning to your home can carry -- especially if you've been gone a long time. (But, you can also write a response where the character is returning home after a short time, too! What if something dreadful has just happened? How does home look now?) Dig deep and put your characters into a situation that shows us some true depth. (Topic chosen by last winner, Toni Turner.)

Length: No more than 3000 words accepted.

Beginning Date: Tues., January 3rd

Ending Date: Tues., February 28th

Judges: Will be announced on or by January 15th

See Also: the Writing Challenge Website.

Good Luck!

• 1 month later...

I made a silly error when I set up this challenge and put the last day as Feb. 28th, instead of Feb. 15th, like we normally do.

The judges have agreed to allow the contest to continue until Feb. 28th, but the winner won't be announced until around Mar. 5th. Sorry for the confusion!

Congratulations to Kaitlyn Rowan for her story "I'm home, Goodbye". Runner-up position goes to David Cody for his story "This bitter aftertaste," while honorable mentions go to Nemitor Atimen for "Fear" and Julia Harden for "Home is where the heart is". Great work all around!