• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[2005: NOV-DEC] Writing Challenge Discussion

Jordan aka FltAdmlWolf

Thanks Rocar for the good explination :)

And just for general knowledge: you cannot edit your post after a certain time-period, and this is due to restrictions set on Member accounts. It ensures that we don't have people going back to change their words a few days later to make it look like they said something they didn't ;)

But, you can push "reply" and create a new version of your piece. The latest post on the thread is considered the "final" product. Or, if you would like, a moderator can remove the original post and you can start a second one "clean" with your new edits.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dark, moodily written and captivating, it captures a lot of the spirit of some of the darker DS9 episodes.

Great, the one I'm writing now is even darker...and moodier. :)

I'm not really a dark depressing person, really! :)

yeah right...that's what they all say... :P

mmmm... I believe I will have a crack at this one, ;) seeing as I am still waiting to be placed on a vessel. <_<

Edited by Devlin

If I can actualll be motivated enough to start on my entry I may actually have it in by the dead line...erm...the dead line is still active right?

Well, I'm always in a good mood when I come here...part of that's 'cause you guys rock :)

Anyways...back to my dark writing. :)

And yeah, the deadline is still in effect, but it's not hard to write a story in the time still remaining, I'm just a perfection. I'll read over my story dozens of times switching out small words and testing phrases. Doesn't help, just makes me feel better. :)

Ok my entry is up and tommorow (here's hoping) I'll post the Alternate ending.

Ok my entry is up and tommorow (here's hoping) I'll post the Alternate ending.

Alterative ending??? What is this some kind of DVD offer? :ermm:

yeah man! Character interviews, concept arts, directior's cut heck the whole sher-bang! :P

Hell, that is too much. every herd the phase less is more. :) well I have less. one of the reasons I am son popular with the ladies.... mmmm.... I am sure that did not put me in a good light. :ermm:

::Sings:: Just keep digging, just keep digging...

Ok fine, I won't post the second ending...happy? :P

Edited by Ajescent

Nah, it comes in Mandarin, Manglish, German, Portuguese, Spanish and French. The special edition DVD coming out in during Christmas will have Klingon as well :P

Funny, I thought that in Star Trek, the universal translator would do the job of actually translating languages... Ah well.. guess it's a new security device enclosed in 24th Century DVDs so that people have to buy them in their own language instead of copying them... Must be a Ferengi's idea to make more latinum... ;)

who else would come up with such a thing? :P

Just a question...

My entry for the writing challenge is complete, I put the "right arrow" icon and yet, it doesn't appear in the list, although it appears directly on my post's page. Will it still be entered as a valid entry or do I have to ask Wolf to check it out? (or any other admin, for that mather)

Thanks,

after Wolf's post yours appears and yours does have the arrow, that is the one that will be taken into account.

after Wolf's post yours appears and yours does have the arrow, that is the one that will be taken into account.

Alright, thanks, I wasn't sure since the other entries have their icon on the list and mine didn't.

Don't worry :) if you notice most have hearts next top them, the second copy will have arrows and the ones with the arrows will be entered.

Good question :-\

I forgot to get judges after the last round, as that was when I was pretty ill. Erk.

Solan, I see you already put in an entry, but you have the right to judge if you'd like. Of course, you wouldn't be able to keep the entry in ;) If not, you can come in the next round.

I'm contacting the past judges now to see who's going to assist and will post the info in the challenge announcement thread as soon as I know.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.