• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

The Next Star Trek Movie

Cyrus Kai

Heaven forbid we get a young character that acts his age. Sorry... :sweating: I digress.

I agree that the vision and writing is very important... but age appeal has to be there as well. Keanu isn't going to be making any remakes of Golden Pond anytime soon, and Glenn Close isn't going to be one of the students in the remake of Harry Potter, either. ;)

Jenn

Keanu isn't going to be making any remakes of Golden Pond anytime soon, and Glenn Close isn't going to be one of the students in the remake of Harry Potter, either.  ;)

Jenn

I just had a disturbing vision of Keanu Reeves in a Starfleet uniform. :ermm:

Wonder how long it would take him before he said.. "Woah." :)

I calculate the answer to be around 3 femto seconds.

And Glenn Close would make a good Harry Potter professor.

So, anyway, there's this new movie coming out about Star Trek...

• 3 months later...
I think that one thing that Trek has going for it is the utopian vision of the furuture.  You look at a lot of other versions of the future, and it's all dark.  Humanity is usually the scum of the galaxay, on the run, under attack, double dealing, desperation.  It's all bad.  Trek is one of few (the only?) version of the future that's positive, and I think it's because of the idea that we can, if we choose, learn from the past to build a better future.  I will admit that the idea of seeing some of the steps of getting from here to there would be nice, but it needs to done well.  And I am losing my faith in the Trek writers...

I could not agree any more if I tried. So sooo much nhilism in todays literature and science fiction movies. One of the main reasons why I love TOS so much.

Edited by Heston

I'm, of course, intruiged by all of this, but at the same time a bit let down. I have been a follower of ST for at least two thirds of my life, and I hate the fact there is no series on TV - and yes, I know there are reruns, and I love watching them because a lot of times they still seem so fresh, but you understand what I mean? There's been a lot of stagnation in the ST franchise, I'm afraid.

On another note - I don't know how many of you have read ST books (especially those by the Reeves-Stephens pairing), but I think a lot of these could be great movies and/or TV series. I've always wanted a DS9 movie, and I always thought the Millenium book series (3 books - on our wiki, I believe) would make a wonderful movie. The "A Time To..." book series is another I think has a lot of promise. Hell, I'd probably even enjoy an Animated Series movie, or another Animated TV show, just as long as something was out there.

Not that ST is ever going to die - after all, we'll all have a chance to "truly" live the ST experience with Star Trek: Online, should we decide to play it. Of course, I certainly don't plan on dropping the UFOP, because in a way I consider it its own TV station, with many shows following many ships - I'm a little biased in thinking the Consitution would be a wonderful TV show. But it would!

Anyway - I heard rumor that they're dropping the pre-quel idea and doing a mirror universe movie. I also heard this rumor subsequently squashed, but I liked the idea. I always thought it would be interesting to go more in depth into the mirror universe.

I think whatever they do they have to stick with a known Star Trek actor to drive old fans that did not like the Enterprise series back. Either a Titan series or movie...or a Chakotay series...or heck even a LaForge in command of the Enterprise series

Series can be TV series or series of movies.

La Forge in command of Enterprise would involve it being set a while after Nemesis as Picard still commanded the Enterprise-E at the end of that film.

La Forge in command of the Challenger could pop up (see Timeless (VOY))...

I think that one thing that Trek has going for it is the utopian vision of the furuture. 

What does utopian furniture look like, anyway, Kai? ;)

At any rate, though, I'd like to see a Romulan Wars movie...

I'd be a bit worried about how much that might undermine TOS though. If it's set after the others than there's little established history to change.