• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[2005: AUG-SEP] Writing Challenge Discussion

Jordan aka FltAdmlWolf

I keep meaning to have a shot... Now seems as good a time as any other.

I may be on LOA this month but I'm about for a week... I can't exactly fly back to DS17 and dash off again, and there's little for me to sim on Andor without creating about half a dozen NPC's.

So I'm going to move back a few years...

Edited by Salak

Just a note: senior members only have 180 minutes before their posts become uneditable. You can either post a reply to your topic with a newer version, or just post a final draft. The final post in the thread will be considered the final draft.

ooouuuu i wasn't too keen about entering for this month's challenge but after seeing the theme...I have to say i'm tempted, I had a mini story I have been looking to write...(its to do with one of the NPCs I sim) but now with this theme :D I feel so tempted that i must get to it asap :).

though with that said its not a perfect shoe in to the theme...

Btw what does an honourable mention mean? its been bugging me forever lol.

Btw what does an honourable mention mean? its been bugging me forever lol.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=honorable+mention

ah :) thank you Wolf, that explains it :)

This will be my first time entering "if" i enter at all, but i was woundering i know the meaning of canon, but acording to tng "parrels" every possiblity that can happen does happen. So if this is so, could i set a story in a mirror universe where the terran empire wasn't destoryed but lived on? I wouldn't go into much into why and how this happened i would just like my story to be set there. If that's not possible i have a couple of hundred ideas bonuceing around as well.

A Parallel Universe to the Mirror Universe?

::eyebrow rises:: Fascinating.

Okay here is my theory any way. Ok first of all we have to take one pecie of non-canon text, and use it as canon for at least part of it.

Now according to that the terran empire loss at a battle of wolf 359. Much like an alternate federation did as seen in parrells. Now lets also asume that picard is the main factor. This means that in the mirror universe he betrays the terran empire to the Klingons. If this is so the enterprise is most likely destory. But as we saw in Best of both worlds picard helps the enterpise destory the borg. This would also be so with the Klingons would it not?

Hang on... what's the non-canon bit?

I'm a bit mind boggled... whether it's your description, the fact it's 1:30am local time, or a mix of both, I'm unsure

Edited by Salak

Sorry not to clear am i, it is 01:46 here. The part where the mirror universe was destory at the battle of wolf 359 and the rest in spectuation by me. This text in locate in a book writen by William Shatner.

I'm afraid the words "Canon" and "non-Canon" confuse me, what do they mean?

Canon - Anything you see in TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY and poss. ENT (Last is questionable) plus the 10 movies.

Non-Canon - Novels, magazines, etc... with no evidence on screen for or against.

Beta, the mirror universe can't have been destroyed at Wolf 359 as it appears in a couple of DS9 episodes, the last of which (The Emperors New Cloak) being set around 10 years after the events of "The Best of Both Worlds"

Edited by Salak

Well you knew what i ment, i mean terran Empire

I always thought that was destroyed by Spocks new found logic and want of Peace after "Mirror, Mirror" (which I've only read about)

We're both in England, it's 2:10am, why are we both still up?

::Goes to get 5th cup of Tea::

Edited by Salak

I think Beta is saying that the Terran Empire survived Spock's new found logic (In an alternate-alternate universe), but then went on to loose the battle at Wolf 359. Correct?

I assume that is correct..

...but then they do say you should never assume anything...

If you'd like to do a story in the Mirror Universe as it was seen on any of the shows, that's fine. But I would stick to the "normal" Star Trek universe, and mirror universe as it was seen onscreen, per the rules of the competition.

Sounds so far like most entries will be first timers

Guest kaldore1

What exactly does one need to do before being able to enter into the challenge? I just tried, and it gave me the following message:

"Sorry, you do not have permission to start a topic in this forum."

Hey, good to see you made it to the forums.

Here on the forums, we've got two member groups, 'Senior' and 'Junior' members. Among other things, Junior members aren't allowed to post their own topics.

Senior members either have 100 (I think) posts, or are a Lt. JG on a ship.

Usually, you can PM your story to a senior member and have them post it for you. :)

Cadet Ventu,

If you send me your story as a PM then I can post it for you.

Or, if you send me your Title -I will open the thread for you and you can then click reply and post your story in that thread.

Hope that helps.

Captain Rocar

Writing Challenge Judge

oh my gosh! Have you read Ventu's entry?! Its brilliant! It would be an honour to go up against that :D

Rats! I did it again!

Read something hilarious late at night when everyone else within about 20 miles is asleep...was asleep, they're all awake now because of my laughing! :)

Brilliant entry by Ms. Ventu, I enjoyed it thoroughly :)

Still working on mine, should have it done on time...for once :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.