• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Deran Beq

More Characters

I know there is a rule about making new characters in the UFOP. But, I can't find it anywhere on the new site. Soo.....

This is what I know... once you reach Lieutenant, you are allowed to make a new character. Now....does this mean.. you gotta wait til that new character is a Lt to make a third??? How exactly does this work?

No, once you're a lieutenant we believe you can take responisbility for your characters :) So, you'll be able to have a total of 3 characters once you become a Lt. 1 primary and 2 secondaries.

One sec wolf, in the text there stands that you can have up to 2 characters aand btw, where is a aplication form or something like that for a second character?

What are the rules for NPCs?

Thanks McCall. :)

What are the rules for NPCs?

NPCs are like extras in any movie.

Every ship will have different rules as to how many, and who can run them though.

Alright.. I did read on the main site that you can only have up to two characters.

I did apply for the second. About how long does it take to get the second one going and do I need to go thru the Academy again?

It usually depends on the Captain. He/She will make their decision based on your current SIMming and reccomendations from your primary Captain and/or first officer. It usually takes a week or two.

No, you don't need to repeat the training. You've learned enough to just jump right in.

If you don't get a response, e-mail FltCapt. Anassasi at "captain@independence.starbase118.net" to make sure she got the 2nd char form.

Is there something about having a second principal character? I mean, If I want to have another primary character on another ship could I do it with another email account passing through all the process of training again? It's something in that way forbidden? Could I do it in some form?

Terpes

Is there something about having a second principal character? I mean, If I want to have another primary character on another ship could I do it with another email account passing through all the process of training again? It's something in that way forbidden? Could I do it in some form?

See: http://www.starbase118.net/members/forms/newchar/

How strict are the rules for NPC's? For example were I a Chief Science Officer would it be permissible to produce NPC's under myself to do some of the menial tasks? Also would it be permissible to make a civilian NPC at say the station (if I were posted there) to run a shop or would they be required to be under the same department as myself?

At least in the realm of the station, you can make your NPCs anything you want them to be. I've simmed a rogue Starfleet captain attacking the base, a Gorn Security officer, a bounty hunter, and lots of others. Your NPCs are not limited to your assigned duty. Having shop owners and such has been a tradition over the years.

The hard-and-fast rule is that you can create NPCs as necessary, so long as they are below your rank. Talk to your captain, once assigned, for more direction if necessary, as they can best tell you what is appropriate or not on their vessel :)

We actually worked really hard to come up with lists of NPCs on the MS because a) it adds to the depth of the ship to have regulars and B) it makes it easier for us to write sims if you don't always have to talk to the department heads.

NPCs are wonderful.

And we put our lists on-line even, if you want to look.

Indeed, I like NPC's they add texture to the story.