• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Borg vs. Dominion

Tracey

20 members have voted

1. 1. Borg vs. Dominion

• Borg
    • Dominion

Well, a lot of factors involved. If the Borg saw the Dominion as a big enough threat, then they'd throw a lot in their direction and I bet the Borg would win. The Dominion was good having a strategic point of operation (wormhole), but I don't think they'd be equipped for a full scale war against the Borg on their own. The Borg has a lot of massive firepower, while the Dominion seems more suited to smaller, one-on-one type battles.

Can't really adapt to a suicide run aside from a lot of firepower but something would always get through. If the Dominion have enough ships they could do enough damage without firing their weapons. Considering the speed that they can replace them at I think they would be able to hold their own in a defensive engagement.

The Borg would simply assimalate them...

Could not be doen quick enough. A Cube does not have many holding beams and the drones cannot get onboard while the jem' Hadar's shields are up. They would have time in my opinion. :)

Edited by S McCall

...and the drones cannot get onboard whielt he jem' Hadar's shields are up.

You sure of that? They'd adapt

Similar to the Federation that would keep changing the frequencies. The longer the conflict the better chance the Borg would have.

The Federation defeated the Domion and their allies.

The best the Federtion has ever done is destroy a single cube. (Not counting Voyager where they had help from the future. )

If the Federation can defeat the Domion, then the Borg could pretty easily.

Hollis

It would have to be the Borg. It would really all depend on who had the greatest desire to win. With a good stategy and plan, both of these true enemies can be defeated.

post-316-1113800088_thumb.jpg

As to Admiral Hollis' remark about the Federation beating the Dominion, I think its a little understated... the Dominion was beating the tar out of the Federation AND the Klingon Empire until the Romulans got in on it and even then, I don't think that they could have pushed any further than they did (like mounting an invasion of the Gamma Quadrant). The only thing that allowed them to win was the fact that the Prophets 'deleted' that massive Dominion fleet as it was coming through the wormhole.

However, I do agree that the Borg would eventually win against the Dominion. It might take a little bit, but they'd take 'em down. The only real threat that the Borg have ever faced was Species 8472.

Jenn

it was pretty much somed up it the last ep of DS9 were Admiral Ross says "the Dominion will make us fight for every inch of ground."

I would be leaning towards the Dominion but I think it comes down think who every has home advantage will win. I just can not see the Dominion lossing if they are fighting in the Gamme quarderant. The Federation only beat the forces that where in the Alpha Q.

Edited by Devlin

I'd go with the dominion. They did, after all, have those weapons that could go through shields. (long ago fixed by feds/klingons which the borg would have but is indicative of the thoughts with Dominion weaponry.

As stated previously suicide attacks work a la the borg response to species thingdy numbery.

The borg I believe it is stated in voyager is already stretched thin which is why thye don't send many vessels to take over alpha quadrant.

Dominion simply hatches and builds. With the established power base and resources of the Gamma quadrant the Borg wouldn't win. After all look at what they could do in the Alpha quadrant in so little time.

Yea, you say that but the borg would only need to send 2 "master" cubes then even if the whole dominion fleet crashed into them it wouldn't work, you think the reason the "crashing into the kinligons" tactic was so good was becuase you damage 50%+ so they can't do anything. But you have to disable about 70% of a cube to even slow it down. So the way i see it is the borg launch 2 cubes at the dominion, then they send in 5 or 6 spheres with the nano viris that was going to be used on earth and fire it at the founders homeworld within seconds millions of nanobots would of assimulated the great link. And lets say that fails just crash into the link with a borg probe and hit the buttom which says "bang!". Then the link is gone! So what if the dominion, keep going me thinks that the borg might take adavage of the cloning that the dominion use, and make a army of drones in seconds.

OK I think its time to give my two cents.

I voted for the Borg. Why?

Well, for one there just seems to be so many more of them. They are capable of moving greater distances quicker than ships using conventional warp and they can adapt to situations better than the Dominion.

However, there may be a problem with the founders. Without physical bodies per se, the Borg may have trouble assimilating them. They are after all liquid in their natural state. Also Janeway seemed to always beat the Borg all by herself. :whistling:

• 11 months later...

I'm torn between the two - if it was a short battle, the dominion would win hands down but if it went on for a long period of time, given the borgs ability to adapt, then borg would win.

An interesting question though - Can Founders/changelings be assimilated?

Edited by Denix

If they could I would assume that would lose most of the shapeshifting ability as the inplants could not really change shape. Given the trouble they had with 8472 I think they would struggle, plus they would also have to find them as well.