• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[2005: FEB-MAR] Writing Challenge

Idril Mar

Guidelines:

To participate, create a new thread. The subject of the thread must be the title of your story. If it is a Work In Progress, denote that with the heart post icon. If your work is complete, use the horizontal arrow post icon.

Your work must be entirely your own. No co-authoring.

You are welcome to create any character you so desire, but they must be from the Star Trek universe. No "canon" characters allowed. (i.e.- No one who has been on a show.)

Challenge: Sacrifices

Your story should be about a character's sacrifice. All people sacrifice some things to get others. We might give up a safe life at home for the adventure of touring the stars. We might choose between a love at home and duty on ship. Many parts of all lives are sacrifices, so remember to try and stretch yourself. Write something you would never try before. Use images you wouldn't consider in SIM. Wow us!

Length: No more than 3000 words accepted.

Beginning Date: Tuesday, February 15th.

Ending Date: Tuesday, March 15th.

Good Luck!

Just as a side note, Rocar, Tyr, Idril and I are working to make this Writing Challenge process a lot smoother, so there shouldn't be such a lag time in judging and such now :)

Good luck to everyone in the new challenge. I thoroughly enjoyed writing for the last one and am going to try to get a few of my crew to step up this time around. I think this is a good way to stretch ones' "creative wings" and write outside the box.

:) Best of Luck to you all!!!!

I can't wait to read your submissions. As Flt.Adm.Wolf has said, we are working together to make this Writing Challenge more efficent and more fun; so it should be very exciting!

If you've never entered before then go for it and show us what you've got.

:w00t: Good luck and have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

::Sigh.::

I'm sorry, I'd try to come up with an entry, but I've been thinking about the topic for a few days (Since I've ready it really) and nothing is coming to me!

I'll keep thinking, it's an EXCELLENT topic, but I can't seem to come up with anything.

Just to sweeten the deal, I wanted to make a note that winners would be posted on the news reel on the new website from now on :) And we'll probably be moving the hall of fame (eventually) to a permanent area on the website.

:sweating: I'm sweating here -- I'm not done with my story yet, but I'm never really happy with what I do. I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't win but ah well... at least I tried! :teehee:

Come on guys! I can't wait to see what you got! ;)

Is it just me or can I not edit my posts?! I want to submit the final draft of my story without making it a reply. I thought it might be my computer at work, but it's doing it at home too. HELP SOMEONE! o:)

You can't edit your own posts after a certain time-period. The only thing you can do now is to delete that post, and post again. Or post in another post.

The contest is now closed. Thank you to all who entered. The stories will be reviewed and a winner will be announced by the end of the month.

Good luck to everyone!

Won't let me delete either, LOL... that's okay though.  Got it figured out.

LOL, and I thought I was doing something wrong, I wanted to edit mine too,

never mind, I enjoyed writing, I'll do much better next time and I'll make sure to not trust the *work in progress line.* <_<

I'm looking forward to the next one.. Thanks I really enjoyed that..

Hopefully next time I won't wait till the last minute to write something..

Ahh crud. I got sick and missed the deadline.

I'll post my story somewhere else when it is finished.  :ermm:

I'd still like to read it Makal, send it to me, if you want some

feedback I'll do that too..

That was fun anyway, it sure made my night go faster at work, <_<

I'm looking forward to the next one, next time I'll do better and

check my work before I post it.. Something I should have done

already I hear you all say... :P:)

The judges, Tyr Waltas and Rocar Drawoh have come to a conclusion and decided the following winner's circle:

1st Place: Idril Mar

Runners-Up: Alana Devar, Iswarya Ghaurav

Because of the high quality of writing, the decision was quite hard to come to and the judges were forced into choosing 2 runners up!

Congratulations to everyone for their wonderful work. I must say that this is the best batch of stories we've seen yet.

A new challenge will be announced tomorrow, as well as some judge comments for this batch of stories. Winners will receive information on how to get their sig banners soon.

Good luck to everyone on the next challenge!

Congratulations to the winner and the runners-up. The stories made it VERY difficult to choose a winner and the edge was razor-thin.

Edited by TyrWaltas

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.