• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Funny Things Heard Aboard the Resolution...

"With Kali flanking close behind, Addison made her way into the briefing room with several small wooden boxes, a larger velvet box, and PADDs tucked underneath her arm… and a death grip on her mug of coffee."

I feel seen....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I heard this funny thing aboard Resolution:

Sirin: I’m a bit out of practice giving inoculations. I can start with yours just to make sure I do it correctly. Do you want a cookie after it’s done?

Addison caught Lieutenant Sherlock’s face starting to distort and briefly wondered if the young security officer was having a stroke, until concluding that the face was prompted by the awkwardness between the officers in the medical department. 

MacKenzie: ::wagging her finger:: Only if it’s chocolate chip. No wasting my time with any of that ‘oatmeal raisin’ crap.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Amari:  How are you with manual labor?

Yalu: I love it.

That was clearly a lie.  But, as the old saying went, ‘You cannot un-ring a bell.’

"Never volunteer for a task without knowing what it is."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Nusin had righted themselves, and were in the process of dusting themselves off whilst giving Meidra and Genkos the side eye.

Who doesn't give them side eye at this point?

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, Etan Iljor said:

Who doesn't give them side eye at this point?

Can confirm, everyone does. I think I was even doing OOC before I reached the Nusin line.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our new medical officers first sim and it's like he knows us so well already, welcome aboard:

Chaos, that was the description of his final exam and his first assignment. 

• Haha 1

Genkos nodded; he recognised a lot of the words in that sentence, but they didn’t make much sense to him in that order. He was a doctor, not a science...man.

Our Doctors are on a roll.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

She’d been informed by a note from Genkos that her minion...um, junior counselor, was on board, and ready to be introduced to the routine of their little ship. 

Be afraid of @Meidra Sirin and her minions....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is quite the opener:

Iljor wasn't entirely sure why he had made the last minute decision to visit the Irish themed bar. The last time he had, he found it extremely bawdy and the ale left much to be desired (something that Aine had strenuously disagreed with). There was also the rather embarrassing matter of Meidra and Aine attempting to palm him off on to an excitable Orion. Meidra had assured him he would thank her later for the attempt… yet he was still dubious.

• Like 1

A nod to the great @Lephi who dropped in on Resolution just long enough to grace us with this gem:

Sirin: We’ve taken our time! There’s more to a relationship than that. Anyway, pro number two, he makes everything in my life brighter. He never judges people by their past mistakes, and always tries to find the good in them. Con number two ::big gulp:: he’s very trusting, and I fear that I will disappoint him simply by being myself.

The Ferengi's eyebrow involuntarily shifted upwards as if to express skepticism at Meidra’s words. 

Lephi: oO He's too trusting? Lady you're the one telling a stranger your life story Oo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'm dying here! @Yalu

Dwich nursed the last hundred milliliters of something called a Rossport Stout, which the bartender told him was named after the town in County Mayo where it was produced.  Dwich’s knowledge of Earth’s topography was poor, so he had no idea where Stout was, but it sounded like a pleasant enough town.  Across the table from him, his exes, Tina Kuppasoop and Sauerkreemin ch’Yves, laughed and finished the dregs of their own beverages, presumably from such other exotic Irish locales as Ipa and Lager.

Edited by LtJG Aine Olive Sherlock
added tag
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

And then, with the universe full of nothing spinning around her, pain shooting up her arm and her lungs burning like the fire had jumped into them, Kali suddenly found herself...gone.

This time, it felt like it.

((Five minutes previously...))

Which is precisely when she slammed into the floor with both an audible thud and a most un-captain-like wince of pain. For a good thirty seconds she lay there, almost tempting reality before daring to bring her head up and look around. That was when the first of the alarms started going off. Before ever trying to get up, she called out with some weakness in her voice.

Nicholotti: Red alert...!

@Kali Nicholotti I absolutely adore what the time loop is doing to our characters, and I love this little slice of Kali's mind

• Like 3