• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

You're the Captain now! Decision in the Silence Zone

Nadeshiko

You're the Captain now! Decision in the Silence Zone  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do? What risk are you going to take?

• Doctor Ka'shrian, Medical: "We should send them up here and get working on a cure. It has a risk of everyone getting it, but I don't want to leave them behind to die." You are given to understand that there's now a decent risk of everyone dying by this path if they fail.
    • Lieutenant Commander Kashiro, Security: "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. If we bring them up here, we are likely to kill more people than just the away team." You are given to undrestand that this will almost certainly doom the away team to a painful death, but the rest of the ship will be fine.
    • Lieutenant Tarivi, Science: "We can beam me down with some of our equipment. It's an increased risk of me dying, but we have a higher chance of saving them." You are given to understand that this will mean that the Lieutenant and the away team will probably die, but the rest of the ship will be fine.
    • I have my own plan! (Explain below)

As part of a new series in the Poll of the Week, we're bringing you into the centre chair. When presented with a situation, how would you react? What would you do?

The Admiral in charge of this sector has built outposts in all known colonies, and the QRF is being formed. However, this means that all patrols and responses are very delayed and will be until at least some of it is built. While the pirates are a major threat, they are a known threat, and you, the Captain of the USS Ngô Quyền, is being sent in to investigate the unknown threat in the Silent Zone.
With all available ships on deployment, they warn you there are no reinforcements, although a Gul in charge of one of the Galor-classes nearby analyzing a nebula has offered assistance should they press you.
The initial surveys of known outposts reveal destroyed outposts - usually by kinetic bombardment, with several planets undergoing nuclear winters. It isn't until week 2 of this survey, reaching the northwest edge of the sector, that you see anything of note - and it's a still intact Federation outpost, strangely devoid of people. The away team sent to investigate reported back urgently that there is a bioweapon there, and it is still active.
One of them estimates they have only 18 hours left to live. Records show that it somehow can bypass current quarantine protocols, based on some data left in the record. You call an emergency meeting to determine your options. The away team has decided that they are willing to be left behind to save the lives of their crewmates.

Galaxy_Sick_Bay_ICU.jpg

Edited by Zhanyt Lafizatar
  • Like 1

As much as it pains me, I would take the decision of "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".

Star Wars Stormtrooper GIF by Nerdist.com