• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Poll of the Week: Unseen History

Genkos Adea

What historical period/event in the Trek universe would you like to see more of in shows?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What historical period/event in the Trek universe would you like to see more of in shows?

• Eugenics War (Khaaaaaaan!)
    • Earth-Romulan War
    • Temporal Cold War
    • Xindi Civil War
    • Kelpian/Ba'ul Truce
    • Other? Let us know in the comments

One of the big things that Trek loves to do, and probably one thing I enjoy most about the shows, is that they drop in historical events like candies to be picked up and chewed on. Most of them are, unfortunately, wars, but many have led to fascinating diplomatic situations. And the overwhelming majority of them are only mentioned in passing, and it is left to others to extrapolate or hypothesise what these events might have been about, how they came about or how they finished. So, this week’s question is to ask what you would like to see expounded upon in the Star Trek lore? I have detailed a few suggested time periods below (mainly wars, I’m afraid) but please drop any others you can think of in the comments! 

How might they be expounded upon? Perhaps in a time-travel episode (or two-parter, because who doesn’t love those? I’m looking at you Mark Twain), a Short Trek, or maybe (and personally, I’d love this) a Trek-themed anthology show that travels throughout the ages. Sure, many of these have been written about in novels, articles and online roleplaying groups, but which would you like to see “officially” represented in a show?

So, some time periods that I think I’d quite like to see more about. First up, we have the Eugenics Wars, the origins of Khan Noonien Singh and his Augments; set before any of the shows as we know them, the Eugenics Wars would make an interesting, if bloody, addition to a show. The Earth-Romulan War is a fascinating part of our history, especially considering that humans took such a beating; possibly too dark/bleak for a Star Trek show, it would certainly provide a contrast. The Temporal Wars offer a time-hopping series of adventures that would give Janeway a headache, but might still entertain. What about seeing more of the Xindi before they met Archer and the Enterprise? Or finding out how the Kelpians made peace with the Ba’ul by the time Discovery [REDACTED]...

5e8bd860-209e-4079-9b6f-b2bfdee61d64.jpg

• Like 2

I'm putting Earth-Romulan War because, well, I love Romulans. But I would like to see more of the Hobus Supernova time.

Spoiler

And I hear the next season of Picard will touch on more with the Romulans so that may get into it which is why I didn't vote other.

• Like 2

Even if every one of this are fascinating, i'll go with other and vote for the First Federation-Cardassian War.  It's something that has been left as some important part of Picard or O'Brien history, yet we know barely a thing about them. I'm here to see more cardassians being themselves :P

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Alieth said:

Even if every one of this are fascinating, i'll go with other and vote for the First Federation-Cardassian War.  It's something that has been left as some important part of Picard or O'Brien history, yet we know barely a thing about them. I'm here to see more cardassians being themselves :P

Oh I wish I'd put this in the options now!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Genkos Adea said:

Oh I wish I'd put this in the options now!

If i recall well, Jo made it in some former polls, so there is still a chance!

• Like 1

Earth-Romulan war.  Not only is Balance of Terror an excellent episode, but it really gave viewers a sense that the Earth-Romulan war was a creepy, dramatic, lonely war like old submarine warfare.  Lots of ghost stories and crew bonding.

• Like 3

The Eugenics Wars I’d be very interested to know more about, but I’m not sure it would make for a good show. Perhaps a bit too murdery. But some Khan origins would be pretty epic.

The Romulan Wars get my vote - it’s a period that feels overlooked in the shows and with the Romulan love of intrigue it wouldn’t have to be purely about shooting each other in the face, I think there would be scope for some very interesting stuff.

Edited by Hutch
  • Like 2