• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Capt Wes Greaves - Extravagance

Alieth

@Wes Greaves
 is a great scene creator, and the flavour he give to each scene he creates could introduce you fully in a strange new world, as much as give a LOT of space for his fellow writers to developt the plot themselves. Awesome cooperative writing on display of a great writer.

Good job man!

--------

Capt Wes Greaves - Extravagance

Greaves’s Personal Log – It’s a strange feeling. The skipper put me in charge the away team to meet with one of the Zet. A pretty important one by all accounts. I’ve led teams before, but not like this. This is a group of officers under my charge, on an exceptionally strange first contact situation.  When they talk at the Academy about being prepared for the unexpected, well I guess they were right. We’ve all been briefed on the very little we know about these people. Capitalistic ideals taken to an extreme. Some kind of significant class structure.  It event seems that most of the Zet on the Penetrator were both in awe of and terrified of the upper class. I’m concerned with how the Federation’s ideals might clash with the Zet, but that’s what first contact is. A meeting of worlds. Let’s hope this is one of the smoother meetings.

End log.

((Saldanian Corporate Hegemony Headquarters, Zet Homeworld))

The building was exceptional. That was the only word Wes could think of to describe it. They had beamed onto the planet at the described coordinates and time. There they found themselves in a giant plaza amidst a sprawling city in front of one of the tallest buildings Wes had ever seen. It looked like the entire thing was made of some kind of marble that shone with some kind of internal iridescent light. The plaza itself was circular and ringed by dozens of shining statues made of what looked like gold. Each statue depicted a different Zet, and without context, Wes had no idea who or what they stood for.

The plaza itself was mostly deserted, with only a handful of Zet standing on the perimeter a few dozen meters away. They all had their backs to the away team and carried some sort of long metallic looking device which Wes assumed was some kind of weapon. If he had to guess, these were the building’s security, and the most likely reason that the plaza and the immediate vicinity was deserted.

Greaves: Not exactly the welcome wagon I was expecting. Where is everyone?

Dar/Sirok/Jehe: Responses

Wes nodded along with the officer and caught some movement out of the corner of his eye. The doors to the massive building slid open to reveal a pale Zet who strode out across the plaza toward the team. If Wes didn’t know any better he’d say that the Zet looked nervous. It’s eyes darted back and forth between the away team members. He could hardly blame it. They were all aliens to the Zet.

Borac: Hello, I am Sher’ok Borac. Please come with me. Owner and Guildmaster Extraordinary, First Eternal, President for Life of the Saldanian Corporate Hegemony, Beloved & Benevolent, Everlasting Pitorian Tolo’Sal’Lat’Ut’Kel’Tras Anroc awaits you in one of the upper chambers.

Borac: I’m sorry… I’ve not been authorized to discuss anything. Per my assignment I am to take you directly to the upper chamber.

The Marine frowned and the hairs on the back of his neck stood on end. He didn’t like being herded somewhere without any information. Regardless they had little choice, and if the Zet had intended them any harm they could have done it as soon as they beamed in. This was likely some posturing charade rather than anything malicious.

Greaves: Very well then Mister Borac. Please, lead the way (motioning with his hand).

Without another word the Zet, head bowed low and eyes focused just in front of him, led the team into the building. The lobby was brightly lit in a faint green-ish white light with several Zet standing upright behind a massive semi-circular desk that Wes sized up to be a reception-like area. Not stopping, their guide led them past the reception area to a waiting lift at the back of the room. Several golden faces were mounted on the walls near the lifts and Wes could swear the eyes followed them as they entered.

The lift itself was made entirely of some transparent glass or metal and allowed the occupants to look out the rear of the massive building. From this angle Wes could see that the building was shaped like a ‘U’, with the lift overlooking the inside curve and out the top of the ‘U’. Without delay, the doors closed and the lift rapidly ascended as soon as the team was fully inside. The higher they went, the better Wes could see, and it quickly became apparent that the building overlooked a massive lake or ocean. Bird like creatures circled at the water’s edge.

Greaves: Quite the view we’ve got here.

Borac: Again, I’m sorry. I’m not authorized to speak any more than what I’ve already said.

Almost as if on cue the lift slowed to a stop and the doors parted again. They were high up. Very high up. Several kilometers if Wes had to guess. Borac didn’t wait for them to admire the view however and quickly set off down a long hallway and Wes was forced to step quickly to keep up with the man’s long gait. They didn’t go far however before the team stopped short of wide double doors.

Borac: Here we are. Please, take a seat inside. Owner and Guildmaster Extraordinary, First Eternal, President for Life of the Saldanian Corporate Hegemony, Beloved & Benevolent, Everlasting Pitorian Tolo’Sal’Lat’Ut’Kel’Tras Anroc will be with you shortly.

Wes offered the man a smile and a nod, but before he could thank the Zet, the man had turned and started off down the hall.

Greaves: Well, I guess we wait. Any idea how high up we are right now?

The room they had been led to was a large empty conference room dominated by a table made of that eerily glowing rock. The back wall however was floor to ceiling windows which overlooked the ocean.

Greaves: (Low whistle) These people sure can appreciate a spectacular view. Look at that. Have you ever seen water that color before?

The doors at the back of the room parted as the Zet made his entrance and Wes turned to face the man whom he’d hoped would finally be the reason they had been sent to the planet.

Anroc: Response

TAG/TBC

=========================
Captain (SFMC) Wes Greaves
Marine Detachment Commander
USS Thor - NCC 82607
E239702WG0
=========================

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

You beat me to it!  I wanted to feature this sim because I think it's a great example of 'how to get started,' which I know can be daunting for all of us.  Wes does a great job of performing the most critical part of being a team leader in a new scene - providing rich, useful context that his colleagues can build on to carry the narrative forward.  Taking cues from the whole of the mission so far and contextual information in our Act 2 starter, Wes has articulated his take on this new setting very clearly.  Within the space of a few lines in a log entry and some dialogue on the ground, he has fully invoked 'place,' he has established a framework for interaction and he has tee'd up his teammates and our antagonist NPC ideally for the Thor's next act.  Great job @Wes Greaves!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1