• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Poll of the Week: New Year's Resolutions

Genkos Adea

What's your New Year's Resolution for SB118?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What's your New Year's Resolution for SB118?

• Career Advancement? (Promotion, Department Chief, Staff)
    • Relationships (Romantic, Rivalry, or Friendship)
    • Join a Taskforce!
    • Improve as a Writer
    • Other (let us know below)

So we're now two weeks into the new year, be that 2021 for the writers, or 2398 for our characters. We've shrugged off the festive coma, started working out to get rid our beer bellies, eaten the last of the Christmas chocolates, and polished off the last of the port. So now is the absolute perfect time to look at some good old fashioned New Year's resolutions (and not the New Year Resolution, which is to do with one of our ship's current missions); what are your Starbase 118-related resolutions and goals?

Perhaps you'd like to get yourself a shiny new pip for your character, or make a Department Chief position (even if that comes with a buttload of extra PADDwork)? If you really like paperwork, perchance you'd like to embrace it and become a member of our beloved staff? Maybe you have a personal storyline that you'd be looking to expand upon, draw to a close or open up for the first time? What about relationships? You could forge new friendships, reopen old rivalries or maybe you want to make that special love connection?

Or is it possible you've got a more out of character goal? Maybe you'd like to join a taskforce (or even facilitate one) and ensure that our community continues to grow and grow! Might you just want to continue to learn and develop as a writer (I know this is arguably my most consistent goal); do you have active steps you want to take, or do you just learn by doing and reading other's work?

It's feasible that you've got a goal that even I couldn't foresee! If so, we'd be thrilled if you told us what it was in the comments. Heck, even if you pick one of the available options, please do let us know what precisely you want, and maybe even how you plan to achieve it!

scrabble-resolutions.jpg?cs=srgb&dl=pexe

I love new year resolutions! And i must say you've pinpoint here most of what i've in mind: improve as a writer is always a MUST for me, and it's super high on my list, yet there are some IC storylines i want to explore plus a career improvement for my mischief hobgoblin. Also... MOAR images, now that we have most of our emblems updated i need image-stuff to put my greedy hands into ;)

What are yours @Genkos Adea?

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Beylanesh Semu said:

I'd like to personally learn two new skills/hobbies. Me the writer, not one of my characters. For instance, I've started learning about knapping (making objects out of stones like flint, etc.) because it's an odd thing to learn in the first place, and I find it's easier to write about something if you have a little "hands on" knowledge on the subject matter. The more you read, research and actually do something, the more believable your writing is.

I love flintknapping and primitive skills. Last job before the pandemic was at a stained glass art studio. Endless supply of broken glass to practice with.

As for a New Years Resolution, a friend and I are trying to startup our own small business. And I'm going to really push for that this year as it's something we've both wanted to do for a long time.

SB118-wise, writing development is first and foremost. Character-wise, Aine is still young and nervous and through the year, I'd like to have her go through that first "being an adult" growing experience.

IMG_0910.jpg

Edited by Ensign Aine Olive Sherlock
Forgot to write in my SB118 goals.
  • Like 4

Well @Alieth, IC I guess I'd like to advance a bit here. I've got some mission ideas bubbling around in my head, I'd like to get them onto paper and then maybe actually use them on the Res. 

OOC - I'd like to get back into my theatre stuff. Admittedly that's less to do with me, and more about the whole 'plague' situation.

• Like 4

Gone for "Improve as a writer" for the main one, but some taskforce terrorising is a must this year. Just checking out the SOTFA for this year highlights how much folk do around the Fleet (have a look! https://wiki.starbase118.net/wiki/index.php?title=2021_Address). Amazing stuff. 

• Like 4

Personally for the new year, find new ways to consistently work out at home while COVID-19 is on the loose. Read a few more books. Finish the novel I'm writing.

On the SB-118 side, it's time for Hannibal to make Commander on his way to Captain. The road won't be easy, but he is more than willing to travel on it...

• Like 4

To be honest, To improve as a Writer cause I've been writing for fifteen years. Being born deaf IRL has made me a better writer, but I'm still on that road. AND still improving. I still have issues and areas to improve on my writer, but I'll never give up on it cause I love writing.

I got the Top three choices tho :P  No1 Is Career advancement for Hayley, cause since the New Years, she's been wanting to get involved more. So, that was the one I chose. But if I had to choose three, its Career Advancement, Improve my Writing and Building relationships/Romance/Rivalry. I mean, there's gotta be someone out there who has it out for Hayley ;) (I hope not lol...)

Anyways, as always, to improve on my writing because I would love to be involved more. Because this is the best Star Fleet fleet I've ever had the opportunity to be involved in...

• Like 2

Personally, actually make some headway with writing my book, and also get some brushtime with my various stalled miniatures projects.

As for 118, OOC get back on track with the Training Team after a false start (1 Ghost before an LOA), get stuck into my History Team project and see what I can do as a possible FNS Writer :)
IC, get Max his third pip. Commander is the goal this year! :)

• Like 2

This arrived in the mail today, so me and Bey will start learning to play, as was both our New Year's Resolutions.. Open disclosure here. I had never even heard of Terrace until I was researching games on Memory Alpha. The game is currently out of print, and so I had to go hunting for a used copy.

Terrace.jpg

• Like 3