• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Poll of the Week: Boldly Spinning Off Where Nobody's Spun Before

Genkos Adea

Who should get the next Picard type spin off show?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who should get the next Picard type spin off show?

• The EMH
    • Barclay's A-Team
    • The Koala God
    • Garak
    • Jake Sisko's presumably blind tailor
    • Others? Let us know in the comments

Spin offs are part of the lifeblood of television; did you know that one hundred spin offs are commissioned every year? Me neither, I just made that up. 

Now, we all love spin offs; Joey, Mrs. Columbo, and Baywatch Nights come to mind as my favourites. Not really, they're unmitigated disasters... Although check out Mrs Columbo for a pre-Voyager Kate Mulgrew. Also cheeky guest appearances from Rene Auberjonois and Andrew Robinson.

But there are good spin offs; and every Trek is a spin off in some way or another. Obviously TOS started it all, and from that we got TNG and then… you get the idea. Picard was almost a second generation spin off, coming as it does off TNG. But the question is, who should get the next Picard type spin off solo series?

I for one would love to see a spin off about Reginald Barclay's explorations throughout the galaxy along with BA Bara'cus his Klingon engineer, the Changeling Face and their Vulcan leader T'Hannibal. Not my best work, but you get the idea. 

An anthology series about the Doctor from Voyager's adventures through time might be fun! As an immortal computer programme, the Doctor could appear at any place and at any time… Like another Doctor I could mention…

And what about the koala that the universe rides on the back of? What's his deal? And what's he smiling about WHAT DOES HE KNOW?!

Or do you have a better idea (not hard I warrant)? If you do, let us know in the comments!

vFkSck0FkklnPrYhS9U3jEkDhn9.jpg

Edited by Genkos Adea
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jo Marshall said:

Quark's Cheers.

Where everyone knows your name...and exactly how much you have in your bank account

• Like 1

Just now, Noa T'Nessa Levinson said:

Garak's Misadventures on Romulus sounds sick, I'd watch it.

I'd watch a Garak themed gardening show.

• Like 1