• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Poll of the Week: Best Moments of Q

Jo Marshall

Poll of the Week: Best Moments of Q  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What are you favourite moments of our lovely omnipotent being Q?

• "All Good Things..." - When Q sets up Picard to end humanity. Isn't he great?
    • "Q Who?" - "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home, and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here." Chills. Literal chills.
    • "Tapestry" - Rolling over to find Q in your bed is not so good when you're Picard.... or ever. Or is it?
    • “Deja Q” - Party on the Bridge!
    • “The Q and the Grey” - Q Level Seduction at it's finest. Many have tried to be this suave. Most have failed.
    • "Tapestry" - Twice, yes, I know, but come on. “Welcome to the afterlife, Jean-Luc. You’re dead.” Classic.
    • “Encounter at Farpoint” - Humanity on trial, punished for crimes against the universe. How do you plead?
    • "Q-Less" - Old-timey boxing and that moustache. “You hit me! Picard never hit me!” It was the moustache.
    • "Deja Q" - Again, I know, but Data laughing! It brought a tear to the eye.
    • Other! Did I miss one of your favourites? Does yours lie more in the philosophical than the hilarious? Let me know below!

With a laundry list of accusations, enemies, nicknamed "The God of Lies", Guinan doing the cat claws, described as "obnoxious", "interfering", a "pest", and Picard's glowing character reference of "devious and amoral and unreliable and irresponsible and... definitely not to be trusted," how could we not cover the most wonderful, the sublime, and the irresistible charms of Q?

As a powerful, almighty, and divine-like entity from a race of [...]-celestial beings known collectively as the Q, Commanding Officers of starships were briefed on the existence of this super influential race. Q would usually appear in humanoid form, dress in the uniform of a Starfleet Captain, and in every instance where he appeared, Q immediately commanded the stage. The obnoxious and sometimes dangerous being turned up on the bridges of the USS Enterprise, USS Voyager, and appeared on Deep Space Nine, to hassle the Captains with an underlying guise to better understand the human race for their folly and their actions, all with the best interests for the survival of Humanity kindling beneath. 

Star Trek has in him one of the finest antagonists ever known, who eventually — through much, much trial and error — becomes a friend.

This week, we'd like to know...

What is your favourite moment of Q throughout the Star Trek series?

...and would you or your characters ever want to meet a Q?

I like Q-less because Sisko smacked Q and it worked!  He never bothered Sisko again 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Q-less was SO CLOSE just thanks to good old Sisko punch. But overall i think Tapestry is better episode and more meaningful.

Also probably has the WORST threat ever made

• (Q) "Now that you've shuffled off the mortal coil, we're free to spend a little time together."
  • (Captain Jean-Luc Picard) "A little time together? How much?"
  • (Q) "Eternity."

with of course, the best come back later

• (Jean-Luc Picard) "Q, what is going on?"
  • (Q) "I told you. You're dead. This is the afterlife. And I'm God."
  • (Jean-Luc Picard) "You are not God."
  • (Q) "Blasphemy. You're lucky I don't cast you out or smite you or something. The bottom line is, your life ended about five minutes ago, under the inept ministrations of Dr. Beverly Crusher."
  • (Jean-Luc Picard) "No -- I am not dead. Because I refuse to believe that the afterlife is run by you. The universe is not so badly designed."

• Haha 2

All of these are great choices, but for me, this scene from "Qpid" has got to be my favorite:

• Q: Jean-Luc, it's wonderful to see you again. How about a big hug? Well don't just stand there, say something.
  • PICARD: Get out of my chair.
  • Q: Oh, and I was hoping for something more along the lines of, welcome back, Q, it's a pleasure to see you again my old friend."
  • PICARD: We're not friends.
  • Q: You wound me, mon capitaine.
  • (a snap of fingers swaps their places)
  • Q: There, perhaps now your manners will show some improvement.
  • PICARD: What brings you here, Q? Have you been banished by the Continuum once again?
  • Q: Oh, hardly. They're still apologising to me for the last time.
  • PICARD: Then what is it you want?
  • Q: Do I always have to have a reason to stop by? I was merely in the sector, I. You force a confession from me. The truth is, I have a debt to repay.
  • PICARD: A debt?
  • Q: To you. And it gnaws at me, and it interferes with each of my days.
  • PICARD: I have no idea what you're talking about.
  • Q: Without your assistance at our last encounter, I never would have survived. I would have taken my own life but for you.
  • PICARD: We all make mistakes.
  • Q: Your good deed made possible my reinstatement in the Continuum, and I resent owing you anything. So, I'm here to pay up. Tell me, what is it you wish and I'll be gone.
  • PICARD: Just be gone. That'll do nicely.
  • Q: No, no, no, no, no. It has to be something more, more constructive. That's my new word for the day.
  • PICARD: Some other time, Q. Right now I have other matters to attend to.
  • Q: Yes, your speech. I read it. It's dull, plodding, pedantic, much like yourself. I could help you with it.
  • PICARD: No thank you.
  • Q: You've never actually been to the ruins at Tagus Three, have you?
  • PICARD: No. They were sealed off more than a century ago.
  • Q: Well, that explains it, then. How can you write about something that you've never seen. I know, why don't I take you there?
  • (Q is now wearing a safari suit, complete with pith helmet and shorts)
  • PICARD: Out of the question. That would mean breaking Taguan law.
  • Q: Must you always be so ethical? I suppose we could travel back in time. You could see what Tagus was like two billion years ago. They really knew how to party back in those days.
  • PICARD: My answer is still no. My lecture will have to stand on its own. Now, will you please leave my ship.
  • Q: You are simply the most impossible person to buy a gift for.
  • (Q disappears)
  • PICARD: Commander Riker, will you report to my Ready room?
  • (Riker enters)
  • RIKER: Yes, Captain?
  • PICARD: I've just been paid a visit from Q.
  • RIKER: Q? Any idea what he's up to?
  • PICARD: He wants to do something nice for me.
  • RIKER: I'll alert the crew.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/6/2020 at 6:56 PM, Serala said:
  • PICARD: I've just been paid a visit from Q.
  • RIKER: Q? Any idea what he's up to?
  • PICARD: He wants to do something nice for me.
  • RIKER: I'll alert the crew.

I went for Farpoint - because it was scary as hell when I first watched it! 

However - this dialogue is class - I can see Ricker's face now 😆

• Haha 1