• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

MSNPC Representative Drezon Brex: Confused

I had to share this absolute gem written by @Dassa Alexander-Dalton today. The way she paints the picture of Representative Brex is masterful and I had tears of laughter at one point.

=======================================

((Security Director’s Office, Mephinii Spaceport, Illara Prime, Par’Tha Expanse))

The woman left and he returned his attention to the matter at hand. They now had two tasks that required attention: the re-analysis of the crime scene and interviewing suspects. Forensics wasn’t his area of specialty and he felt all he’d end up doing here was standing and twiddling his thumbs.

Ganarvuss: Captain Logan, I’d like to take Ensign Yalu or Lephi with me to talk to the suspects.

Logan: Response

Lephi: All due respect to Ensign Yalu, I truly feel I would be better suited to come along. I've been thinking about it and although my hand to hand combat is rusty, my diplomacy is a strong point.

Ganarvuss: Is that so?

Lephi: I might be an engineer in Starfleet, but I've brokered many deals in my short life, and you can't do that unless you're good with your words and reading people.

He smiled and nodded. For one so young, the Ferengi certainly was bold. Perhaps it was a species trait. Given that this was the first Ferengi he’d ever met, he couldn’t be sure. However, he could say that he found it refreshing. Despite her earlier nervousness, he imagined she’d make a good business partner.

Yalu:  I’m happy to go wherever I am needed, Ensign Ganarvuss.  If you’d like someone to stay behind and work with Dr. Nidhar’s team, I can do that.  But if you think I could be of use elsewhere, I mean, not that staying here wouldn’t be useful, I just... 

Brex: ::inclines his head and turns to Ganarvuss:: With all respect, Ensign, I agree with your Ensign Lephi. His shrewdness might be beneficial. ::pauses:: Also, as I stated to your other officer, I feel I would be of more use with the interview process. Dr. Nidhar has the situation well in hand here and your doctor could be beneficial to her investigation here since he’s the one who discovered the thoron radiation.

Lephi: ::speaking through thinly veiled irritation:: Thank you for that ringing endorsement, Representative.

Ganarvuss: Alright, then. You’re hired, Lephi. Dr. Yalu, I agree with Brex on this. Your insights could be most helpful to the forensics team.

Lephi: ::not taking her eyes off of Brex::  Thank you, Ensign, an interrogation is just an intense negotiation, after all. On Ferenginar we just call that an average Tuesday afternoon. You'll get your answers. ::turns to Ganarvuss:: Thank you, Ensign Ganarvuss. I hope we make a good team. I look forward to working alongside your very capable self.

Yalu: Understood.

He nodded. There were multiple angles to consider with this and he presumed that Ensign Ganarvuss knew the strengths and talents of her people better than he did. He was commenting from a limited time in the room with these people.

Brex: ::nods:: Of course. ::smiles:: It is your decision. I will help however I’m needed.

Ganarvuss: You made a good point earlier, Representative. I think it would go a long way to have you with us when we interview the suspects.

Lephi: ::deadpan:: It'll be great to have you along Representative.

He gazed at the Ferengi woman curiously. Though he wasn’t overly familiar with her species, he could have almost sworn he detected a note of irritation. Given her upbeat attitude not a moment or two earlier, he had to surmise that something was bothering her. He’d noted her reaction to Ensign Ganarvuss’s words and had thought that was it, but her attention was focused on him now and he had the strangest feeling that he was somehow the source. 

Nidhar: ::pauses:: I wouldn’t mind the extra hand. 

Shaking his concern about the Ferengi officer from his mind for a moment, he turned to Eisla with a small smile, pleased that she’d warmed up to the idea of help from the Starfleet officers.

Ganarvuss: You got it, Doctor. Representative, Lephi: Let’s go.

Logan/Nidhar: Response

Lephi: I'm on your six.

With one last glance and smile at Eisla, he nodded and followed the two Starfleet officers from the room. As he did, his gaze flickered to Ensign Lephi, his expression contemplative. Ensign Ganarvuss’s voice drew him from his thoughts.

Ganarvuss: I imagine the place to start looking would be the main conference center.

Lephi: Seems like the best starting point, I agree. I know it's not my place, but if I may, perhaps we should split up to try and cover more ground? It is time sensitive after all.

His concern regarding the sudden change in Ensign Lephi’s demeanor grew. Splitting up didn’t sound like such a marvelous idea given that they had a spy on the loose. Any of them could be the next target. No. In his mind, it made more sense that they stick together.

Brex: ::pauses:: Given that we have a spy on the loose who doesn’t seem adverse to any means to achieve his end, I believe dividing ourselves further could pose an unnecessary risk. ::pauses:: It is, of course, your decision.

Ganarvuss: That makes sense.

Lephi: Alright, I have my orders, I will accomplish them.

Ganarvuss: Response

As they resumed walking, Drezon took the opportunity to meet Lephi’s gaze, deliberately allowing Ensign Ganarvuss to get a bit ahead of them.

Brex: ::pauses:: Though I’m a negotiator and a businessman by trade, I prefer when necessary to get to the point. There’s no sense in wasting one another’s precious time.

Lephi: Response

Brex: ::inclines his head:: I’m concerned with the sudden change in your demeanor. 

Brex: ::smiles:: I’m no man’s fool, Ensign Lephi. Four decades of brokering deals and negotiating with buyers leaves a man with an almost sixth sense for these things.

((OOC: Happy to continue this as you see fit. I didn’t want to box you into a corner.))

Ganarvuss: Response

---

MSNPC Representative Drezon Brex
Tradesman, Naylar Representative
Kala'din IV

As written by
Lieutenant Ishkabela Journs
I238110RH0

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "UFOP: StarBase 118: USS Atlantis" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to sb118-atlantis+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sb118-atlantis/CABVKAYRhmVZraU7CvQEXZJ3KEMu-JoZ481LcnqLCL1b%2BwcmXgA%40mail.gmail.com.

• Like 2