• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Am I excited?

YOU BET YOUR VULCAN MIND I'M EXCITED IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING PEOPLE I CAN FINALLY STOP SENDING LONG-WINDED EMAILS TO THE TREK GODS

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

https://trekmovie.com/2020/08/16/star-trek-strange-new-worlds-bringing-back-planet-of-the-week-tos-style-says-alex-kurtzman/

I think Strange New Worlds, under the guidance of Henry Myers and Akiva Goldsman, it’s going to be a return in a way to TOS [Star Trek: The Original Series]. We are going to do stand-alone episodes. There will be emotional serialization. There will be two-parters. There will be larger plot arcs. But it really is back to the model of alien-of-the-week, planet-of-the-week, challenge-on-the-ship-of-the-week. With these characters pre-Kirk’s Enterprise. I think what people responded so much to in all three characters is this kind of relentless optimism that they have. And that they are at the young phase of their careers.

Me when I read this.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

I am so late to this party but out of all the new Star Trek announcements, this one really got my attention. :) I always used the Star Trek Pike Comic books as my pre-Kirk canon so it'll be fun to see what they do with this Enterprise! 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...