• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Lt. Commander Randal Shayne - A Plea for Pain

((OOC: I really enjoyed the XO's impassioned plea to Lt. Waters, as she continues her transformative journey. Kudos to both of you for a moving interaction. Simple, but effective.))

((IC))                                                     

((Deck 1, Bridge, USS Eagle)) 

Waters: The Juneau is, by all appearances, larger, and superior to the Eagle.

As Shayne settled into his seat, admiring the ridged contours it featured, he beheld his new home on the viewscreen. From here, she was even more imposing; enormous in comparison to their beloved garden spade, angular and slick and bristling dangerously. 

Shayne: She’s a beast. 

He spoke low, admiring her from a distance. She’d have to be tamed, and her kinks worked out, before she could safely be operated. He hadn’t the luxury of showing fear aboard her, but from this distance, he could respect her properly. Dear god, what had he gotten himself into? 

Waters: She is not the Eagle. I may sit at this station still, but it will not be... this. It is only recently I have begun to realize... this is my home. Now we are... I am, leaving her. Opportunities of many varieties have been squandered. This time... cannot be regained, and I am uncertain how to say goodbye to a home I only realized I lived in recently.

Shayne leaned forward, fire in his eyes. 

Shayne: Hold that realization close! Don’t let it go. Let the pain brand you. Understand what you’ve missed, and realize how you can keep from doing it again. 

Waters: Response

He stood, now impassioned but speaking quietly. 

Shayne: The crew makes the ship- and most of the crew is moving with you! New home or not, new world or not, you’ve got the chance to make this right. Claim it! I know you can. You have come so far! 

The words were infused with pride and a frustration Shayne did not mean to include but couldn’t avoid. 

Waters: Response 

Tag/TBC…

Lieutenant Commander Randal Shayne
First Officer
USS Juneau
NX- 99801
G239202RS0

• Like 2