• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Lt. Commander German Galven - With A Heavy Heart (NT)

@German Galven This sim was really well done. It was sad but also really sweet. It shows the domestic side of star fleet life so well. I also want to congratulate you for implying at a challenging topic and giving it a bit more awareness. 

((OOC- Wanted to do a small follow up after the JP with Sevo))

((Science Department Holodeck Facility #1, Deck 547, Starbase 118))

German had stayed in the holodeck long after Ayiana left. He was ecstatic about hanging out and just talking with someone he’d known right from the beginning of his Starfleet career. Although that wasn’t why he was still in the simulated conference room. Even the assistant hologram looked on at him curiously. He smiled at the hologram which German figured since it was a barista to name him EBH or rather Venti Au Lait. 

Au Lait: Is this the best name you could think of for me? 

Galven: ::shrugs:: At least you have a name. Would you rather be called ‘The Barista’ or ‘Emergency Barista’?

The five foot eight inch fair haired hologram looked like he was ready to facepalm. Instead, Venti walked back over to the coffee bar and started to clean up.

When news broke from Lael that she was pregnant, German had gone to the rest of the ultrasound appointments with her. The doctor had recreated a hologram of what the baby would look like by the early signs of genetic sequences. Once he found out that they had lost their daughter due to complications of stress and the different genealogical hybrid species she would have, German didn’t want to accept it as he kept working to prevent his mind from breaking him apart. 

A few minutes had gone by as he was projecting what Galilea would’ve looked like if she was nine. The same age his sister was before she was kidnapped. After the creation was successful, German had tapped the monitor on the side of the holodeck which caused the little girl to form. 

First, her head was created as the long flowing strawberry blonde hair and light green eyes had formed. Soon, her ridges on the sides of her forehead appeared, but there weren't any ridges on her chin, but there were slightly noticeable ear ridges which also had the pointed features that Al-Leyans had. The rest of her body took shape as she stood around five foot wearing a child's costume of standard science officer attire. 

German admired the girl as she was frozen in place which made Venti approach German from behind and rest his hand on the Denobulan’s shoulder.    

Au Lait: I take it that this is someone you know?

Galven: ::clears his throat, his view still on Galilea:: She’s my daughter if she was nine years old. Her date of birth would’ve been two months ago in March.  

Au Lait: ::pats his shoulder:: I’ll leave you two alone. Let me know if you need me. 

Venti walked back behind the bar as German tried to have the courage and strength to activate the holographic image of what was supposed to be his growing family. He had tried to contact Lael a few times after the transfer, but it was fruitless. She more than likely was too distraught and overworking herself as well which German understood and never held it against her. 

So when he started to also make a hologram of Lael, he decided against it because German knew how much she valued her privacy and it wasn't morally appropriate to do that without her consent. Instead, he turned on the video feed to send Lael a message afterward which she'd be able to watch if she wanted to. 

Galven: Computer. Activate video recording and the Galilea Program. 

Computer: Acknowledged. Video recording set and activating Galilea Program. 

The little girl's head started to move slightly and then blinked several times to adjust her eyesight. To say that German was nervous would be an understatement as Galilea glanced up at the Denobulan. He was at a loss for words at first, but when she smiled curiously at him, he felt more at ease. 

Galven: Hi Galilea. Do you know who I am?

Galilea: ::wry grin:: You're my daddy, silly! ::giggles:: Where is mommy?

German struggled to get out the words as his bottom lip quivered, but mentally shook away anything that'd prevented him from using the time wisely he had with Galilea for the first time. He stepped forward with his arms outstretched which made Galilea run up and give him a hug.

Galven: Mommy is out on assignment right now. ::which wasn't too far from the truth since that was the last time he heard from Lael:: She's at Starfleet Headquarters, remember? ::releases from the hug, kneeling down to talk with her at eye level::

Galilea: Oh yeah! Teaching kids my age about engineering stuff, right?

Galven: ::smiles and nods:: You're a lot smarter than you look, kiddo. ::winks and chuckles a bit::

Galilea: ::arches an eyebrow, smirking with her hands on both her sides:: Well, I got it from mom's side of the family. 

Oh, the girl was already being sassy enough that German wondered if the computer also determined her personality from both of her parents. He didn't mind though because that's how he sort of expected her to be. Practically about to bust a guy laughing, he stood back up and held her hand. 

Galven: That you did. Would you like to have to meet Venti and have something to drink? 

Galilea: ::shakes her head, glancing over at the bartender:: Not really. ::to German:: I wanna play with Arlil. Where is she?

Galven: ::momentarily thrown:: How do you know about her?

As soon as he finished his question, Arlil materialized in the room which he realized that Galilea was talking about his past sister before she was abducted and not the current Arlil which was a relief for him. With his hand still holding Galilea's, they both walked over to his little sister. 

Arlil: German, you should've paid more attention to which program you were using. ::huffs:: You almost deleted me, big brother!

Galven: ::sheepishly chuckles in embarrassment:  Well, it's a good thing that I didn't. 

Galilea: ::clearly confused:: Daddy, what's she talking about?

Galven: ::starts sweating a little:: A program about... ::beat:: a game I used to play with her. Would you like to play with Arlil?

German noticed that Arlil folded her arms across her chest, giving him narrowed eyes trying to figure out why he lied to Galilea. He gave her a quick wink with a look that told her to go along with it. She acknowledged back with a silent and quick nod to acknowledge him. She walked over and took Galilea's hand. 

Galilea: Oh! A game? What are we gonna play?

Arlil: Since you're in science blues, wanna play in the dirt and look for any signs of old Terran dinosaur bones?

Galilea: Sounds fun! Daddy, is that okay?! Can I, can I?!

A chuckle turned into full on laughter which German agreed to. Of course, he would agree to something like that and soon enough, the holodeck transformed into an archaeological dig. Both girls ran for one of the sites and grabbed the equipment to start the adventure. 

German looked on with a teary eyed smile because he knew at some point, he'd have to end the program to get back to work. With a heavy heart, he knew that it wasn't healthy and for him to see his late daughter this way, he wanted to make it a right step for him to start the grieving process. 

Eventually, he started to help Galilea because during his time with her, she was about to unearth a few remnants of a large lizard which Arlil started to get excited about as well. Work would just have to wait for him to return. 

Galilea: I love you, daddy. 

Galven: ::worries his lip:: I love you too, baby girl. 

Edited by Sheila Bailey
Spacing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Thanks @Sheila Bailey!! Although, let's give credit where it's due and acknowledge all the outstanding writers such as yourself for showing me and others learning how to write creatively. I wouldn't have been able to get something like this out two years ago before joining the fleet 🙂

• Thanks 1