• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Writing Challenge discussion and question

Jordan aka FltAdmlWolf

I see Shayne's question and raise him two!

1) Is this to be formatted in prose or in sim style?

2) Should we consider our story canon / can we?

• Like 1

I've updated the other thread to include the following information: 

• Word count should be a minimum of 300 and maximum of 3000.
  • Members are welcome to submit solo stories, or team up with a buddy to submit a collaborative epic.
  • Your submission should be in the format of a short story. Prose, not sim formatting. (See here for examples.)
  • Submissions are, by default, non-canon – if you find a way to shoehorn this into your own backstory, you're free to use it if you wish, but certainly not a requirement.
    • To that end, you can create whatever characters make sense for the story.
    • And you're free to use characters that you've already written for in sim, but please don't include anyone else's.
  • Submit your story directly into the first post of a new thread. Using the following format for the thread title: 
    • [Primary Character Name(s) of author(s)]: "My Story's Interesting Title"
    • Tristan Wolf: "Five Ways to End Your Starfleet Career"

• Thanks 2

Can I rework previous sims?

Or, failing that, can I write the story for my PNPC?

Neither seems to be forbidden by the rules exactly, but I thought that I would seek guidance, nonetheless.

7 hours ago, Tasha MacFarlane said:

Can we submit more than one entry? For example, a solo entry, and one with a friend?

Prefer we keep it to just one entry per person, please – our judges will have a lot to read (hopefully!). 

1 hour ago, Artinus Serinus said:

Can I rework previous sims?

Or, failing that, can I write the story for my PNPC?

Neither seems to be forbidden by the rules exactly, but I thought that I would seek guidance, nonetheless.

Per the rules and guidelines, you don't have to use your current character, but you can if you want. This takes place outside our canon by default. 

• Like 1

I am assuming the winner will be announced during the Annual Awards. Is this correct, or should we be watching for a separate announcement?

Edited by Serala
removed duplicate signature banner

10 minutes ago, Serala said:

I am assuming the winner will be announced during the Annual Awards. Is this correct, or should we be watching for a separate announcement?

We hope to announce a winner next week. 

• Thanks 1

Although I did not submit one this time, I look forward to reading them. Hopefully next time, I will have the time to write one.

I hope the competition continues. I really enjoy reading all the entries.

• Like 1

I'd like to participate and try to write something up. I might be late to the party or my submission might not even count, but its practice. *shrugs*

.....oh and I'm bored. :D 

Hey Ben! Submissions closed on the 17th for the challenge, but you're more than welcome to get some practice in with the prompt and write something. We've got a great bunch of writers here who'd love to read it. 

Congrats! I read them all. They were really good! 

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.