• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Starfleet Captive Successfully Rescued In Daring Raid, Romulan Plot Stymied By Unknown Intelligence

LOKESH CITY, DURONIS II — Utilizing a cunning deception and the cover of darkness, Starfleet Marine and Security personnel were successful in recovering Doctor Addison MacKenzie from her captors.

“It was only about twelve hours, but it felt like an eternity.” Reached for comment while recovering from her ordeal, Doctor MacKenzie provided this insight. “Deep in my heart, I knew there would be a rescue attempt, but when you’re in that kind of situation, you’re only focused on your survival.”

In the same action, Marine personnel also captured a suspected Tal Shiar agent who participated in the attempted assassination of Rear Admiral Toni Turner. While this heavily orchestrated rescue mission was unfolding on Duronis II, Turner herself, along with her crew aboard the USS Thunder (NCC-70605-A), successfully prevented a Romulan warbird from laying claim to a vast field of highly dangerous protomatter, recently discovered in the Typhon Expanse.

According to sources on the Thunder, it wasn’t only Starfleet’s presence in that area that dissuaded the Romulans from pursuing their plans.

“They never showed themselves or gave us a name — but there’s something alive in that protomatter field,” said an unnamed Senior Chief, who spoke to us on the condition of anonymity. “I was in Main Engineering and it was like some great hand just reached out and turned off the laws of physics. Then a voice came out of the comm panel that was just…unnatural. Chief Pandorn and Ensign Sirok did a great job keeping us together, though. Not sure what would’ve happened if they weren’t there.”

Back on Duronis, the exhausted Marines and Starfleet personnel welcomed the news of the Thunder’s successful mission and began looking forward to their much delayed, and much deserved, shore leave.

Upon the ship’s return to Federation space and the successful completion of another in a long string of victories for Starfleet, Turner received a promotion to full Federation Ambassador. She is to be succeeded by Fleet Captain Aron Kells, who will be assuming command of the USS Thor (NCC-82607) and re-tasking the crew of the Embassy with an urgent but as yet undisclosed mission.

Written by Geoffrey Teller

The post Starfleet Captive Successfully Rescued In Daring Raid, Romulan Plot Stymied By Unknown Intelligence appeared first on UFOP: StarBase 118 Star Trek RPG.

ufopsb118?d=yIl2AUoC8zA ufopsb118?i=GQbn-fgrvpU:OtyhCxYAq6I:D7Dq ufopsb118?d=qj6IDK7rITs
GQbn-fgrvpU

View the full article