• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Poll of the Week: STO-king The Flames!

Randal Shayne

Poll of the Week: STO-king The Flames!   

12 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts regarding Star Trek Online?

• I’ve played it, and I love it!
    • I’ve played it, and it’s alright.
    • I’ve played it, and it’s not my favorite, but it passes the time.
    • I’ve played it, and I actively dislike it.
    • I’ve never played it before, but I’d be interested.
    • I’ve never played it, and I’m not interested in starting.
  2. 2. Would you be interested in joining Starbase 118's fleet in-game?

• Yes! I’d love to be a part of Starbase 118’s fleet in the game!
    • No, thanks- I’d prefer to stay where I am.
    • I’m not sure (don’t hesitate to ask around if you have questions).

About two years ago, I had the distinct pleasure to play a game with a number of my friends from the fleet. Though I’d played the game for a number of years, it was the first time I’d actually done it as a group. I had so much fun that it still rings in my mind today, and I long to try it again. The game, as you might have guessed from my oh-so-witty title, was Star Trek Online, a free-to-play MMORG set in a truly chaotic version of our beloved fictional universe. One of the most space combat simulators I’ve come across, STO permits people from around the world to easily find each other, and enjoy some battle together.

Some of you may have seen the hilarity that ensues when a number of our group participate in a round or two of Bridge Crew, and I’d like to see how viable that idea is in regards to STO. We have a fleet, but because there’s been little success in getting a solid presence in game, it hasn’t made much progress. So! With that in mind, this week’s Poll asks you for your opinion on Star Trek Online! Have you played it and enjoyed it? Never heard of it? Not a fan? Give us your thoughts in the poll here, and don’t forget to leave a comment! 

• Like 1

Heyo!  

A 118 fleet sounds like a great idea, but I'm not sure about the game in its current state.  I had played years ago before it went F2P, and even then it was pretty grindy for little reward, but now it seems like the entire game centers around microtransactions or extreme grinding to make any substantial progress.  

If that isn't the case, or if it's mitigated by being aligned with an active fleet of players, I'm certainly happy to jump back with a fresh character to start climbing the ladder again!  

• Like 1