• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Poll of the Week: The Perfect Gift

Laria Herren

Poll of the Week: The Perfect Gift  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which character would be the most difficult to shop for?

• Malcolm Reed
    • Spock
    • Data
    • Worf
    • Elim Garak
    • Odo
    • Seven of Nine

Whatever the occasion, gift-giving can be a difficult endeavor. Gift-giving means anticipating what someone else might want or need and determining what would be appropriate for the circumstances. Finding a good gift for someone isn’t only something that happens with distant friends or relatives. Even with our closest friends and family there are those who we struggle to shop for. The Star Trek universe can add further complicating factors to this.

There are some species, like Vulcans, who are more practically-minded and utilitarian. Finding a present for an artificial lifeform like Data has its own challenges. Some people are also just private people whose tastes might be difficult to discern. Lieutenant Reed wasn't exactly the most social of his crew, and Garak’s life is so full of lies and disguises nobody really knows what his true personality is. This week we’d like to know who you would struggle to find a good gift for the most. Which character would be the most difficult to shop for?

I voted for Seven of Nine. I doubt she'd even want a gift and the task explaining to her about the concept of gift giving/receiving would be a mission in itself.  

I sort of imagined Odo groaning before explaining how I had just given him a chore in finding a place for the gift, finding something to give back to me, etc, etc.