• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Lt. JG Sheila Bailey - Mush in the head

I was just amazed with how @Sheila Bailey described her character's emotions in such a way that it was completely genuine. Amazing work Aly!

((Starfleet Academy, San Francisco, Earth)) 

Bailey: ::Mouth dry:: Umm.. one of my wheels is stuck. Do you think you could help me out?

Galven: ::kneels down:: Of course. What do you need me to do?  

Bailey: I’m scared Glaven. I’ve not been this scared since the rainy seasons back on Elaysia. 

Sheila gave a low whimper. The rainy season back home was no fun, it made everyone hot, flushed, dry mouthed and dizzy. She was feeling a bit of that now and only wished that being back on the academy campus hadn’t made her so paranoid. Must have all those discouraging memories that were coming back. 

Now Sheila was thinking about her time back home and the discomfort she had felt during the rainy months. Some felt the effects more but others could function just fine in the increased humidity. They did have medications available to reduce the ‘sickness’ that came with it but such things weren’t available off world. The federation medical servius hasn't approved it’s use off Elaysia. 

For Sheila she never took the available medication. Instead spent hours in a cold shower with lots of cold drinks. Suddenly looking for her water bottle it wasn’t there making her mouth go even more dry and numb. 

He felt for the woman. Since he was kneeling, he was now eye level with Sheila and wanted to help her curb her anxieties. 

Galven: Sheila. Look at me. Nothing is going to come after you. I’m right here. Guess what? 

Sheila didn’t say anything but look at German with sad looking eyes. Her head felt heavy and her eyes like they were about to close. She suspected she had forgotten how hot it could get on Earth. 

Back during her last mission she had experienced similar things but they had been cleared up quickly the moment she had something cold to drink. 

Galven: I’m scared too, but you know what’s keeping me going? 

Bailey: Yes? 

Sheila wasn’t confused only had a small lack of being able to think. 

Galven: You are. You’re helping me and let me help you ::grunts and unjams her wheel:: Now that wasn’t so bad now was it? ::grins wide:: 

Sheila tested both wheels of her chair being satisfied that both were moving smoothly. It however didn’t get rid of her scared feeling. She felt it in her head, mouth and her shaking hands. What if those people were still around? With the way they had looked at her it creeped her out more than she thought it would. No one had ever looked at her like that before. The look had been so sharp and glaring. 

Bailey: I’m still scared… ::Sheila’s sentence trailed off as she gave the Denobulan a small strained smile.:: 

Galven: How about this... Would you like to take my PADD and then you can be our navigator? The destination marker is located west of here in that direction. What do you say, Lieutenant?

Bailey: It would give me something to do. 

Reaching to take the PADD her hands were so shaky that she wasn’t even sure she could push herself at the same time. Sighing she took the PADD placing it on her lap before folding her hands close to her pelvis. 

Bailey: ::Voice still wavering:: I hate to ask this but my hands are so shaky, would you mind pushing me in my chair?

Galven: Response

Bailey: It would make me feel safer if you would. I honestly don’t know why I’m scared. Those three men, the way they looked at me, its creeped me out. 

A wave of dizziness washed through Sheila as Galven took hold of the back of her chair in order to guide her to the new meeting spot. 

Sheila looked at the PADD as they moved, giving Galven directions. It didn’t take long for them to get to the monument. 

Sal settled a soft smile on his face as he strolled up to greet them, giving time for Prudence and Rustyy to catch up.

Taybrim: A lovely day on the Academy green, isn’t it?

Hael/Blackwell: ?

He nodded, offering a wave towards German and Sheila

Taybrim: Yes, there are our new crewmates. ::He smiled, an easy, casual smile – the sort of genuine expression coming from a person who truly liked other people.:: Good afternoon Commander Galven and Lieutenant Bailey!

Hael/Blackwell: ?

Bailey: Hi. 

Galven/Taybrim/Hael/Backwell: ?

At this moment Sheila had started tuning out the conversation. She knew she had to pay attention as the conversation was about introductions and the mission. For Sheila however the more she tried the more she felt the heat and nausea creep up now that the adrenaline was disappearing. Just like when it was raining hard back home the chatter pulled her in and out. She wasn’t going to pass out but her eyes were so droopy, her mouth so dry. Sheila’s head hurt bad, was hard to keep up so it flopped so her chin was resting on her chest. A second latter however she fell out of her chair. What a way to make an introduction to her new Captain. 

The shock of landing on the floor sent a shooting pain through her body. Her eyes went wide and the conversation quieted as most of the officers around her got down to her level. 

Bailey: ::weakly:: Water…..

Lieutenant JG Sheila Bailey

Medical Officer

Starbase 118 Ops

M239512BG0

"If you want to harness your power, you need to learn to control your fear." - Sara Lance; Legends Of Tomorrow

you beat me to it!

Yes this one was amazing, I really need to learn how to write emotionally like that

@Sheila Bailey, Amazing!

Looking forward to the responses! 

Thanks @German Galven and @Wallace Williams for the kind words. It amazes me how good I am at describing emotions when my own are a dead end. Oh well. Thanks again. 

• Like 2