• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Lt. Commander German Galven - Legacies

((Bridge, Deck 1, USS Astraeus))

Some of the crew had left already going on different assignments. Others were waiting to be transported. German wasn't due to leave for another few hours as he stepped into the bridge of the galaxy class starship one last time, placing his hand along the edge of the brightly painted wooden half oval panel. 

He walked down the ramp brushing the soft wood and for a moment he didn't want to let go. Finally after a few moments, he took his hand away and then headed over to his station. 

Delri’ise: You alright, sir?

Galven: Just saying goodbye. ::turns to glance around:: She was a fine ship.

Delri’ise: Indeed she was. There’ll never be another like her, she was one of a kind.

The events unfolding around him was definitely going to be a memorable one. German had never served on a ship that was due to be decommissioned. He sat down and then downloaded the last bit of information of data on his work PADD that laid beside the console. 

Galven. My next assignment is going to be Starbase 118 Operations. I've been there a few times training cadets, but it'll be a whole new experience. Where are you going?

Delri’ise: ::recalling her orders.:: I believe I’m on the Thor over Duronis II. It’s a long way from here, over in the Beta Quadrant.

Galven: ::nods:: That's a fine ship with a great crew. I doubt this'll be the last time we see each other. 

Melody hadn’t said anything to that which made German glance over her way. It appeared that she was about to cry. He stood up from his seat and approached her extending his hand to give her an encouraging pat on the shoulder. 

Galven: It was a great experience being here and it was definitely worthwhile. Starfleet has our best interests at heart. Whatever is next, just remember who you are. 

Delri’ise: It ain’t gonna be easy. The Thor is a fine ship… but she’s no Astraeus. It’s been a fun ride, commander. 

Galven: ::nods and turns his head to look out the viewscreen:: It’s always going to be one hell of a ride, lieutenant. ::turns his attention back to Melody:: Wherever you are. 

Delri’ise: You better stay in touch, don’t hide away in that space mushroom. 

He chuckled and then turned with a determined expression. 

Galven: Don’t worry about that, Melody. I’m a “leap into the action” kind of senior officer. ::wry grin:: 

The Kerelian hybrid let out a slight chuckle which German was hoping for. It was a somber event, but he wanted to make it a happy memory. This had been his first decommission, but heard far too many stories of officers resigning from Starfleet. 

Delri’ise: I think the one thing I’ll miss most… is bein’ up here on the bridge. I’m gonna miss my little tactical console ::She gave her console an adoring rub.::

A lot of that was true for German as well as he glanced over at his own science console. He already studied the Starbase and the layout of the thing was massive. There was an entire massive city just hanging out in the dome with lots of transportation hubs. He was looking forward to getting lost in there. There were a few other things that he wanted to tell Melody as he turned himself back around facing her. 

Galven: ::clears his throat and furrows his brow:: One last thing before we separate, lieutenant? 

Delri’ise: Of course, sir ::She nodded.:: I think we all need a few words of wisdom out there.

Galven: As Admiral Kathryn Janeway once said, “I trust fear. Fear only exists for one purpose… to be conquered.”  Go and be fearful, Melody Delri’ise and show Admiral Turner what I’ve seen in you. ::extends his hand for her to shake:: A future commanding officer.

Melody gave a crooked smile which German returned with a grin, but then some tears and heavy emotion came from her again which he could feel for the woman. Lael was the same way and she was taking the news the heaviest when she sent out a message to everyone that she was resigning as first officer to get more involved at the academy on Earth. Which was just as admirable as her XO assignment. 

He was taken aback when Melody shook his hand, but then gave him an enormous hug which threw him momentarily, but he then wrapped his arms around her, giving a soft encouraging pat on her back. After a few seconds, they let go with German’s gaze still on hers. 

Delri’ise: Thank you… Commander, for everything. As we say down in Brooklyn, go, kick some a#% out there. 

Galven: ::laughs and arches an eyebrow:: You the same, Lieutenant. 

Delri’ise: I’ll see you out there, Spaceman, may our paths cross once more. I’m sure Cap’n Taybrim will appreciate your hard work.

Galven: There’s plenty of opportunity for it. Just remember to hold onto these special moments and live for them. 

She turned and nodded, heading out of the bridge. German glanced around one last time and then sat down at his console, pulling out his PADD. He started a new entry, the last entry on the Astraeus. 

//Chief Science Officer’s Log, Stardate 239611.25

It was of great duty, service and honor serving aboard the USS Astraeus. Whoever listens to this when the new crew arrives and ventures out to the Eagle Nebula. I wish you all the good fortune. There’s great history on this ship. Continue on her legacy. 

----

Lt. Commander German Galven

Chief Science Officer

USS Astraeus

V239507GG0

• Sad 1