• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Poll of the Week: Monster Mash

Laria Herren

Poll of the Week: Monster Mash  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which Halloween monster do you think would inspire an interesting alien?

• Vampires
    • Ghosts
    • Zombies
    • Witches
    • Frankenstein's Monster
    • Werewolves
    • Something else? Let us know below!

Halloween approaches! The forum is full of Halloween avatars. It’s a great time to watch scary episodes of Star Trek and enjoy all things Halloween. One thing that Halloween and Star Trek have in common is monsters, especially the original series. Whether it be the ghost of Jack the Ripper, the first appearance of the Gorn, or the M-113 creature featured in the very first episode of Star Trek, there is no shortage of monster of the week style aliens.

A few of the aliens seem to take some classic Halloween creatures. The M-113 creature is a kind of sci-fi vampire that drains its victims of salt instead of blood. Kirk and his crew faced off against a telepathic ghost of various serial killers throughout the ages. And Voyager had its very own zombie who just couldn’t seem to stay dead, Ensign Harry Kim. Legends of vampires, ghouls, goblins, werewolves and other monsters have been with us for a very long time. Frankenstein arguably created the entire genre of science fiction. Surely there’s inspiration for a new alien of the Trek universe in these classic monster stories. This week, we want to know what you think!

Which Halloween monster do you think would inspire an interesting alien?

I think most of them have been done in Star Trek! Borg are totally zombies...

Im going to go for Werewolves, I reckon the moral dilemma (are they humans? Are they monsters?) would be very Trek.

4 minutes ago, Hutch said:

I think most of them have been done in Star Trek! Borg are totally zombies...

Im going to go for Werewolves, I reckon the moral dilemma (are they humans? Are they monsters?) would be very Trek.

But would they be werewolves in space? Would seeing a moon through the viewscreen turn them wolfish? What if they were stood on a moon? These are the questions. 

I went for Vampires. A being that has to survive on the blood of the living beings and is technically undead? Sign me up. 

Edited by Jo Marshall
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think Frankenstein's Monster would be really interesting. A species that builds their own bodies out of parts from other species...

"We are the scavengers, we are looking for parts, parts that make us strong."

Edited by Jalana
  • Like 2

Werewolves!

Maybe that's because I played too much Werewolf: the Apocalypse in college, tho...