• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

LTJG Ghant Xerix - The Princess

Hutch

((Ooc: the song https://youtu.be/oVGTGfZ9HVc ))

((Courtyard, Reichsburg Cochem, Earth)) 

:: The reception was splendid. A gorgeous backdrop, accompanied by delicious-  if unusual - appetizers were passed to handsomely attired guests. Ghant had asked at the Bride’s final fitting if he might play something at the reception. He hadn’t decided until just before he walked onto the platform. Nerves pulsed through him, making him glad he hadn’t eaten much yet. He nodded to the bolian piano player before taking a seat behind his harp::

::He blew out a breath as he looked into the crowd and then began plucking the opening notes. Quinn and Brunsig were still standing apart, each receiving guests with good humored smiles. The first officer was speaking with Tasha and some other women he didn’t recognize. Genkos was laughing with Corliss and Loxley. Chris and the woman he assumed to be Valesha were eyeing each other and the dance floor
The cadence of the song suggested dark beauty and mystery to his ear. The piano player had picked up on the tune and followed along.::

::Ghant croned out the beginning of the poem-turned-song. He felt it fitting the strange beauty of the evening, even if he felt removed from it personally.::

~Now sleeps the crimson petal, now the white;
Nor waves the cypress in the palace walk;
Nor winks the gold fin in the porphyry font.
The firefly wakens; waken thou with me.~

::His eyes turned to the table where Jo and Tasha said with the others he didn’t recognize as he sang the next line of the song::

~ Now droops the milk-white pea[...] like a ghost,
And like a ghost she glimmers on to me.~

~ Now lies the Earth all Danaë to the stars,
And all thy heart lies open unto me.~

::Then he caught Quinn observing him. Her expression as blank to him as her mind, he had no idea how she would find the song::

~Now slides the silent meteor on, and leaves
A shining furrow, as thy thoughts in me.~

::Finally he chances looking at Genkos, who was either pretending to not notice him, or actually wasn’t. Either way was a disappointment. His eyes glistened as his voice warbled out the final verse of the song::

~ Now folds the lily all her sweetness up,
And slips into the bosom of the lake.
So fold thyself, my dearest, thou, and slip
Into my bosom and be lost in me.~

::The reception was deathly quiet for what felt like an eternity. Then applause began to sound. Ghant’s cheeks flushed with color all the way to his ears. He quietly stood and exited the platform.::

Xerix: oO Who is he to ignore me? Do I mean so little to him? Oo

:: With that thought, he made for the bar. Strong liquor was in order.::

Lieutenant JG Ghant Xerix
HCO Officer
USS Gorkon
V239505GX0

• Like 1