• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Poll of the Week: Make It So?

Laria Herren

Poll of the Week: Make It So?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited for Stark Trek: Picard?

• I am very excited for the new series.
    • I am looking forward to it.
    • I am reserving judgement until we’ve seen more.
    • I don’t have strong feelings either way.
    • I have not been impressed by what I’ve seen so far.
    • I am not looking forward to the new series.
    • Have different thoughts about the new series? Be sure to let us know below!

Recently, the first trailer for Star Trek: Picard was released. Since then, people have been analyzing everything in the trailer. There are already fan theories and speculation about the plot based on details revealed in the trailer. Based on what we’ve seen so far, Star Trek: Picard will feature the return of multiple old characters and introduce us to a new cast as well. Nothing is certain until the series actually premieres in 2020, but we are learning more as the series gets closer. This week we want to know your thoughts about the upcoming series. Can the first episode of the new Picard series not come fast enough? Are you trying to control expectations based on trailers? Are you excited for Stark Trek: Picard? Be sure to cast your vote and share your thoughts below!

• Like 1

It's been a long time since I could say it about a new ST series or movie. But I am actually excited to see this one.

• Like 3

I want it to be good... but like 80% of the name on the list of producers havent ever done anything good... and anything with Kurtzman's name on it has been pretty terrible.

I'm very much looking forward to it, but cautiously, because of Discovery.

I'm excited to check it out but I'm keeping my expectations low. There were elements of the trailer that I wasn't exactly thrilled about, but at the very least we're finally moving forward in the timeline so maybe they'll stop retconning and rebooting everything and actually follow canon. I am looking forward to more possible appearances from other TNG/DS9/VOY characters. It would be fun to see where they take their characters (though also potentially frustrating).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sasak said:

but at the very least we're finally moving forward in the timeline

Amen to that! ;) 

I hope that the new projects will actually show us new things, rather than mere updated aesthetics and re-interpretations of the lore. And perhaps there is hope still for Discovery, considering how the last season ended...

Anyway, I am looking forward to the new series, but I won't get overly exited until I've seen a few episodes of proper quality.

Edited by Blaidd Vescori
  • Like 1

I’m VERY excited for it. Especially with the new reveals that Data and Seven of Nine would be featured. I’m so excited for a show that looks to the “future” of the established Trek canon beyond novels. 

• Like 1